How can I stop Verizon update

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey! Yesterday I delayed the update until 4pm today and it's now two hours after that and I haven't received the update notification. So far so good. Between the TiBu freeze and the file renaming it's all good for now. Hopefully that will be a permanent solution until the bugs with the update get worked out.

Posted via the Android Central App

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I had delayed it until tomorrow. So I thought. My phone started the update in my pocket. I'm afraid to stop it now that it's almost done.

UPDATE: It's five hours on now with LP, and I got the thing working over WiFi using my router with IPV6 configured as a 6 to 4 tunnel Internet connection. Thanks to user Matty032 and others. My Google apps sync as they should -- for now. As a fallback for when that fails, it all seems to work when I disable WiFi and work on the telephone network.

Last edited:

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been hitting the back button but my phone turns on with the update notice around every 2 hours. Been doing this for a couple of days now. This is a bunch of crap. I should not have to update if I don't want to. I hope someone can come up with a solution to stop this. I do not want Lollipop on my phone because it is a crap piece of software. I either update and can't use my phone or fight the installation notice every two hours while running down my battery. It will take Verizon forever to get the 5.1.1, if that even makes things work right.

Rainford

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I did let the update install on my Samsung Note April 21 with lollipop. Now my phone functionality is zilch; all calls drop and I can't get reception in my own house.
Talked to Verizon store staff, they said yes and we can wipe your device to factory settings. Beyond the fact that I have many settings that I don't want wiped, how does this solve it? Verizon staff said 3-6 months for a software update to fix the fix.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Well it worked for about a day for me, it ended up installing on my phone last night. No major issues except the google sync over wifi... Guess I will now spend time trying to fix that. Hope you all have better luck than I did avoiding the update.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I've been hitting the back button but my phone turns on with the update notice around every 2 hours. Been doing this for a couple of days now. This is a bunch of crap. I should not have to update if I don't want to. I hope someone can come up with a solution to stop this. I do not want Lollipop on my phone because it is a crap piece of software. I either update and can't use my phone or fight the installation notice every two hours while running down my battery. It will take Verizon forever to get the 5.1.1, if that even makes things work right.

Is the Verizon 5.0 ROM that bad? Can't use your phone? I had played with the stock ROM from Verizon a little and although it seemed bloated, it still worked fine...

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You're right. That should take care of it, and I did just that. I suspect that the phone started its update when the connection changed from WiFi to the cellular network.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Until today I've been able to ignore update to lollipop. But today the notice gave me 2 choices: install now or install later. I chose later, then it asked me to set a time. So it appears I'm getting the update I don't want tomorrow at 1 pm, unless someone can tell me how to prevent it. I'm not going to root because I'm not a techie.

You can prevent Verizon updates by switching over to AT&T.:p

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
my phone updated on its own - what garbage - I was actually on the road, plugged in the phone and when I went to look at the screen to see where my next meeting was, update in progress. What absolute crap! I do not like the soft buttons at all - ugly garbage.

I don't understand how Android is the most fragmented mobile OS, and then this.

I bought the LG G3 partly because LG said they would update to 5.0 within 90 days. Then, I'm not so sold on Lolipop. Screwed. BS.

ShAdoWSKy

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
If anyone has their update automatically starting in the nav bar then you can just long click it > app info > force close. I've been doing that the past few days

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I didn't want to deal with this and upgraded two days ago. Guess what? LP is running great for me. Seems snappier. I didn't even factory reset.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Shadowsky for this reminder. I did this last night and haven't received an update notice yet today. Even if it does pop up once in awhile this is a reprieve from getting the notice every time I turn on my phone.

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I had an update for Light Flow to pop up this morning that says a total shutdown and power back up is necessary. I'm wondering if that will automatically install the Lollipop update even though it's not at it's scheduled time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilx11