How can I transfer photos from my dead LGG4 to my MacBook Pro? Mac won't recognise G4.

A

AC Question

I'm desperately trying to salvage the photos saved on my LGG4 as it's recently become a victim of the notorious bootloop hardware fault :-( I was advised to try downloading the images so I don't lose them when it gets sent for repair/replaced. I've been trying to charge the G4, without much success so far as the battery seems to be cooked (charges to between 3% and 7% then just drops back to 0%). I'm going to keep trying as some forums suggested it may take several attempts if it works at all.

Unfortunately my MacBook Pro isn't helping as it doesn't recognise when my G4 is plugged in via USB, and now I have no way I can download any apps to the unresponsive G4 to help encourage my Mac to notice it. I was hoping when I plugged it in it would just prompt me asking what info I wanted to transfer but no such luck. I was told just plugging it in to the Mac had a good chance of the file transfer working.

I do have Kies from way back (but I found it so difficult to use I never tried it again) -some forums suggested it may be worth uninstalling this? I also have an My Passport Ultra device if plugging G4 into that directly(??) could be any help? Is it worth trying a new battery or is it just as unlikely to switch the G4 on?

I should also add I'm a technophobe so please don't be afraid to really spell out any suggestions so I can have a hope of understanding them!
I'd really appreciate any help. Thank you!!

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm assuming at one point in time you synced/backed up your device with Google drive/cloud etc in order to save images.. if not what about saved image on the SD card.. or haven't you done this either.. If everything has been saved to the internal drive and the device can not remain on long enough to link remotely, One could try connecting the device to their computer and attempt to access any data or images in this manor.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried http://photos.google.com ? Now you needed to have turned that on, BUT if you did then all your photos are safely backed up to the Google cloud. :)

Kies won't work, that is for Samsung phones. You might try LG PC Suite, BUT I think you would need the phone bootable for it to work. HOWEVER give it a shot. There IS a Mac version....

LG PC SUITE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa