How do I access files from SD card

Frank999

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Obviously a NOOB question. Using my phone I've downloaded several PDF files (there bus schedules for my transit system). When I hook my phone to my pc, windows explorer shows these files in the phone's SD card. What I would like to do is to move these files to my home screen, preferably in it's on folder for easy access.
Thanks in advance.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Download astro file manager (or any file manager) from the market. Then you can create a shortcut to anything on your sd card by long pressing > shortcuts > astro then find the file you need.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried to do this too, the stupid website for the metro busses only have PDF files for the schedules.

the browser wont open them. and I gave up becuase I found a much better solution

In google maps (the app on your phone) use the gps to find your location, enter your destination, and set it to use local transit (bus, its an icon next to the walking icon and the car icon where u type in the destination)

and it will show you about 3 or 4 possible routes to get there based on local busses and trains. as long as your in a major city. works PERFECT here in la

it even shows the time each bus is set to arrive and how long each trip is so you can pick a route based on how quick you need to get there

i use this feature ALL the time. the gps even helps you from missing a stop (im prone to that ) haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olyria10