How do I change Messages bubble color from green to blue?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Just like the title says, how do I change the Messages bubble color to blue? I can't find the setting for the life of me. Thanks!

UPDATE 3/19/22 - Must have been an update last night, because all bubbles are back to blue, regardless of who and how I'm texting with. Very happy about this!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you know for sure if the other person also has Chat turned on? Both of you have to be using RCS for the bubble to be blue.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Do you know for sure if the other person also has Chat turned on? Both of you have to be using RCS for the bubble to be blue.

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. In all my messages, whether I'm using Chat with another Galaxy user or texting with anyone without Chat, the bubbles are green. Is that standard now on Galaxy S series? Because I've owned numerous Galaxy S devices and the bubbles have always been blue, with or without Chat turned on.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Right, but what I've already stated is every Galaxy S I've ever owned has been blue bubbles, SMS or RCS. Even texting with iPhone owners, the bubbles were always blue. Now they are green. And it's ugly.
I understand what your saying but green is sms I don't what else to say

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right, but what I've already stated is every Galaxy S I've ever owned has been blue bubbles, SMS or RCS. Even texting with iPhone owners, the bubbles were always blue. Now they are green. And it's ugly.

Was it because past Galaxy phones use Samsung Messages, and the S22 comes with Google Messages by default? Maybe Samsung Messages always used blue by default.

Also, which carrier are you on? If it's T-Mobile, look at this: https://9to5google.com/2022/02/25/galaxy-s22-google-messages-rcs/

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm that's a head scratcher. Regardless of the blue or green, are you able now (and were you able on previous phones) to see typical RCS features like the typing animation?

scotiez1

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
Same for me. I use the samsung messages app. Not google messages. And on my old phones I could change the color of the chat bubbles and now on my new S22 Ultra i can't change the color. I have looked many times to see if its hidden somewhere and i can't find it. I don't like the color green, at least this color green ... Its ugly .

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Same for me. I use the samsung messages app. Not google messages. And on my old phones I could change the color of the chat bubbles and now on my new S22 Ultra i can't change the color. I have looked many times to see if its hidden somewhere and i can't find it. I don't like the color green, at least this color green ... Its ugly .

I only use Google Messages and this green is horrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali