How do I change Messages bubble color from green to blue?

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Here's the trick I use to change the message bubble color.
  • Click on one of your messages
  • Select the 3 dots in upper right corner
  • Select "Customize chat room"
  • Select a different background
  • Change the bubble opacity to your liking
  • Select "Apply to all chat rooms" or customize different chat messages
Your bubble colors should somewhat match the message background.

I don't have the "Customize chat room" option on my menu. Using the latest Beta version of Messages.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That is good to know as that is easy to see and watch for. I have the latest Beta version of Google messages and all chat/RCS features turned on. I am using the light Messages theme and all my bubbles are green. So I guess I have been messaging only with people without Chat/RCS. Although I know lots of them have iPhones so do have the features. But likely there is no integration between Android and iPhone yet, even on Beta? I guess you will get blue bubbles only if you message with another Android user, (or maybe only another Samsung Android user)?

Yeah never seen rcs with green bubble only the blue unless you have a theme , green meant the other user doesn't have rcs or iphone user ,turn chat features off.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
We are discussing Google Messages here. You are referring to the Samsung messaging app.

Not sure who this is directed to, but if me, I am using Google Messages, not the Samsung app. And I don't have the "Customize Chat Room" option in any of the menus on my Google Messages beta.

Edit: Nevermind I see you were directing it to YMarkY and it is the Samsung app that has that option. Getting a little convoluted here. Also makes it even more confusing as the two apps have almost identical icons. I changed the icon for my Google Messages to clear that up! LOL.

icon.png

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That is good to know as that is easy to see and watch for. I have the latest Beta version of Google messages and all chat/RCS features turned on. I am using the light Messages theme and all my bubbles are green. So I guess I have been messaging only with people without Chat/RCS. Although I know lots of them have iPhones so do have the features. But likely there is no integration between Android and iPhone yet, even on Beta? I guess you will get blue bubbles only if you message with another Android user, (or maybe only another Samsung Android user)?

I can confirm blue bubbles chatting with Samsung, pixel, honour and Xiaomi phones.

I don't text people with iPhones.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm blue bubbles chatting with Samsung, pixel, honour and Xiaomi phones.

I don't text people with iPhones.

But for now, only blue bubbles if people with those phones are using Google Messages, correct? And only with the beta version? At least that is what it seems to me.

I am the only one in my family that does not use an iPhone. :eek: So I do text across the divide!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
But for now, only blue bubbles if people with those phones are using Google Messages, correct? And only with the beta version? At least that is what it seems to me.

I am the only one in my family that does not use an iPhone. :eek: So I do text across the divide!

They need messages (or another chat compatible app, maybe?), but I'm not on the beta.

I actually prefer the new format.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
GREEN BUBBLES ARE GONE! Must have been an update, because now all the bubbles are back to blue, regardless who I'm texting with and regardless of what platform they are on! So happy!!!!! That green was horrible!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I wonder if the cause is by this settings in wallpaper why some of you see different colors, I leave mine to the left as default. Screenshot_20220319-142634_Wallpaper%20and%20style.jpg

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if the cause is by this settings in wallpaper why some of you see different colors, I leave mine to the left as default.

Yes, they do change with different palettes. But what I meant in an earlier post is that even without changing the palette, my green bubbles changed to dark blue with the latest update. But yes, if I change to the pink palette, the bubbles become a shade of pink also.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, they do change with different palettes. But what I meant in an earlier post is that even without changing the palette, my green bubbles changed to dark blue with the latest update. But yes, if I change to the pink palette, the bubbles become a shade of pink also.
Gotcha just wanted throw this in just in case

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54