How do I create folders in the app drawer?

Flayedlt

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Create folders in the app drawer

Hello,

I have s6 Edge.

I cannot create folders in application menu. I know you are suppose to press 'EDIT' and then drag application to drop onto another one. For me selected application just goes back to its original location.

I was looking on various forums/youtube, only few people have this problem, noone has solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Application Folder Creation

Hello,

I have s6 Edge.

I cannot create folders in application menu. I know you are suppose to press 'EDIT' and then drag application to drop onto another one. For me selected application just goes back to its original location.

I was looking on various forums/youtube, only few people have this problem, noone has solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
I don't have the device; however, often times there may not be a way to add a folder in the app drawer. Instead, you may be able to add a separate page on the app drawer with the applications you choose to place there. Do you have an option to set a dedicated page for certain apps?

Flayedlt

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Application Folder Creation

Thanks for reply.

The thing is I have seen others doing it on same device and I have even done it myself on another S6 device in store today.

I cannot do it on mine thought, was thinking maybe some default setting restricting it...

Not sure about dedicated page for certain apps, I don't think I can.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Create folders in the app drawer

Hello,

I have s6 Edge.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Not sure with the oem touch wiz launcher, but my 3rd party launcher works this way. As a matter of fact I didn't even know it would work so I tried it just now and it does. Sweet. This opens up even more options for my app drawer. You could try a 3rd party launcher from the store just to check. I'm using Next currently, but I would think Nova would work also for this.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

I just tried it on my edge from verizon and it worked just fine. I hit edit. The I dragged one app on top of another and it created a folder without issue.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Not sure with the oem touch wiz launcher, but my 3rd party launcher works this way. As a matter of fact I didn't even know it would work so I tried it just now and it does. Sweet. This opens up even more options for my app drawer. You could try a 3rd party launcher from the store just to check. I'm using Next currently, but I would think Nova would work also for this.
Yes, most third party launchers offer this feature. I don't know if Touchwiz does or doesn't.

Flayedlt

May 15, 2015
Visit site

Yes, this is how it is suppose to work, but its not doing it on my device.

I guess I will try to use one of the 3rd party launcher to make folders.

George Redivo Pinto

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same problem, but my phone is the Galaxy A3.
Much much videos and tutorials show the folder creation as a simple thing to be done, but i've tried the same things you've tried and i'm not got success on it.

Did you already found a way to natively create these folders on app drawer?

Thanks

Jesse Fonarcus

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I have s6 Edge.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

i. To create a folder in app drawer, follow these steps:
1. On your phone’s app drawer, tap Edit in the upper right corner.
2. Drag an app on to another app to create a folder.
3. You can now enter a name for the folder, and choose the background color.

ii. To delete a folder in app drawer, follow these steps:
1. On your phone’s app drawer, tap Edit in the upper right corner.
2. Tap the Minus sign in the upper right corner of a folder.
2. When you’re asked for confirmation, tap Delete.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX