How do I delete the white folder on the app screen?

A

AC Question

Just upgraded to lollipop on Samsung galaxy tab 4 10.1
Now I have an annoying white folder on the lower left corner of the app screen that needs to go.
How do I get rid of this thing?

thanx

BradleyFL

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: how do i delete white folder on app screen?

I have the same issue. Samsung Tab 4 10.1" tablet. When I first started using it the bottom area had only the lower right ICON for all APPs. Within about an hour of using it the lower left, white folder ICON showed up. I have reformatted it several times, with and without keeping any information. I have reset it to completely new "out of the box" configuration and that white folder ICON is the first thing that shows up on the screen as it loads the desktop for the first time. The ICON is in the taskbar area, low on the screen and holding it down does NOTHING. Click on it and it takes you to "My Files". I'm betting this is a direct response from google for people that have deleted their "My File" ICONs and now can not get to them.
I am attaching a screen shot of the folder. It kind of balances out the look and feel of the desktop. I just wish it either wasn't there or I could change the color to something less blinding. This ICON is mentioned in many threads on the internet. I have talked to the 2 people I know with Android tablets and neither of them have this ICON.
I have noted that it seem to be a Samsung issue. However reformatting and not allowing it to reinstall the Samsung stuff changed nothing. So my last reinstall I just put it back in "out of the box" configuration and gave it to my wife. She can have it, she likes it and is one of those people who doesn't even notice when something isn't right.
Anyways, attached screen shot and let me know what you think. If all else fails I would like to at lease change the color of it.
Thanks,
BradleyFLScreenshot.jpg

Jim Marhevka

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: how do i delete white folder on app screen?

Did you ever get an answer about the white folder on the bottom lrft of every app screen, can it be removed? Thanks hopefully you have an answer cant find one anywher

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If I had to guess, I'd say it's a hidden "feature" of some 3rd party app. In the case of the screenshot from BradleyFL, I see CM Security -- Cheetah Mobile is notorious for these kinds of shenanigans. If you have anything installed from Cheetah, uninstall it. If you don't have a Cheetah app, look at other 3rd party apps, especially battery savers, "RAM cleaners," file managers, or launchers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arlecchino