How do I disable the bezel so that when I turn/rotate it, nothing happens?

Davetv

Jan 8, 2019
Visit site
Hello Android Central! I'm brand new to the forum but looking forward to participating!

Got my very first smart watch for Christmas... the Galaxy Watch 42mm Black and loving it. I also love dive watches and how I can use the rotating bezel on dive watches as a quick "timer". So this brings me to my nagging question. I have already done searches and there's not much information on this.

I want to put a bezel ring layover on top of my bezel so that it has the markings of a dive watch. Then I want to turn activate the Always on Display and disable the bezel so I can rotate the bezel and use it like a dive watch. Yes I can use the stopwatch/timer app, but is what I proposed possible? Thanks for your help.

Samsung Galaxy Watch rulez! :):D

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You can't disable the bezel when the screen is active. It's a primary way of interacting with the device (that sets it apart from most other smartwatches that require you to swipe everywhere.

Davetv

Jan 8, 2019
Visit site
You can't disable the bezel when the screen is active.

Thanks for your reply Devhux. That's shortsighted of Samsung. Someone out there could probably write an app (that I would pay for) that could disable the bezel. And the bezel being the primary way of interacting is not an excuse. The watch has 2 very capable "buttons" that can be used to reactive the bezel. Hopefully they will include this in a future update.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Highly doubtful as it would be a rather niche request, but you never know. As for an app, it's hard to say if it's even possible unless Samsung has exposed the option to do so in the APIs.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello Android Central! I'm brand new to the forum but looking forward to participating!

Got my very first smart watch for Christmas... the Galaxy Watch 42mm Black and loving it. I also love dive watches and how I can use the rotating bezel on dive watches as a quick "timer". So this brings me to my nagging question. I have already done searches and there's not much information on this.

I want to put a bezel ring layover on top of my bezel so that it has the markings of a dive watch. Then I want to turn activate the Always on Display and disable the bezel so I can rotate the bezel and use it like a dive watch. Yes I can use the stopwatch/timer app, but is what I proposed possible? Thanks for your help.

Samsung Galaxy Watch rulez! :):D

At night I turn off bezel wake up and wake up gesture. Both are in Advance section of settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness