How do I fix the microphone on my Xperia Z1 Compact?

redzrblu

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
how do i fix the microphone on my xperia z1 compact

when I make or receive a call I can hear the person on the other end clearly but they cannot hear me at all.
This came about suddenly and for no apparent reason. I have done a phone test and it seems to be the microphone that has a problem.
I am a novice and not tech minded so please make any answers really clear and easy!!
Thanks in advance

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i fix the microphone on my xperia z1 compact

Look in the mic hole (on the bottom) and see if there's any lint and dirt in there. If there is, gently pull it out with a wooden toothpick. Dirt is a good soundproofing material.

redzrblu

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your reply Rukbat. I have checked the mic at the bottom of the phone it is completely clear of any dirt or lint. Any other suggestions welcome. Thanks

Tom Bailey

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

I have the same issue. It made for a very awkward job interview over the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Andrea Guerra1

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Same exact problem, I've tried to update the software, clean the mic, nothing changed. It happened all of a sudden.
I basically cannot use my phone, nobody can hear me on regular phonecalls, Whatsap or FB voice messages, etc...
Thanks for your help!
Andrea

victornatal9

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site

I have the same problem. After I updating to 5.1.1 14.6.A.1.216. No one can hear me . But when I connect the headphones it's working.

cameltale

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem people who i talk to say my voice is not clear and they dont hear me to good
I just want to go to the mobile repairshop and let them change the mic inside..would that help?
Plz reply
Greetings