How do I free up empty space on 32GB tablet (Iconia A500, rooted)?

HeyRicardo

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to free up empty space on 32GB tablet (Iconia A500, rooted)

You could use it to find the worst offenders and clean them up first.

I don't understand what you mean by giveaway apps that you can't get back if you delete. If they are on the play store, and you have them legally (not judging, just pointing out), even if you got them at a discount or free, you can delete and re-download for free later.

If they are not on the play store, there are apps like App Sharer that let you save an APK to email, cloud, etc, so you can then delete and reinstall later.

Hi, thanx for your follow up; well, using Disk Usage confirms about 6300MB for apps, whereas for System data it reports about 20645MiB (and about 28000 overall for storage).

Using root I went down to /data and, rather odd to me, I read as much as 28024MiB (with 20451MiB for gps, app 3239, data 1700, dalvik 1414). How can amount to that? Do you think gps is full of trash...?
While I keep trying to understand I wanted to let you know it..

For giveaway I mean appoftheday (you can look the play store for this offers), or android giveawayoftheday; so they are free only the day you are given the offer. So I thought that reinstalling them later it would not grant me again the premium version.
But thanks for pointing it out , I'll consider app sharer also definitely.

hg1027

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Once you get an app through the play store, it's yours.

HeyRicardo

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site

It seems an issue of these tablets running ICS 4.0.3
Following this:
/data/gps folder growing HUGE with GPS log files. Help ?

I find my problem very precisely detailed, which may affect A100 or A500 as well, and I have cleared all the .txt files, and everything seems back to normality.

Thank you for helping out and put me on the right track, I'll report news if any, so far so good,
best regards
ricardo