How do I gain access to photos on a Samsung Galaxy S3 with no current service?

daphnerowell

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
How to gain access to photos on a Samsung Galaxy S3 with no current service

I am new to the Android platform and need to know if there is a way to access photos that were left on a Galaxy S3 that currently has no service?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to gain access to photos on a Samsung Galaxy S3 with no current service

You can hook a usb cable to a pc if you can turn it on and it does not have a screen lock set. Hopefully you won't need drivers and it will be recognised as a new drive (or 2 if you have an sd card but I assume not). The photos are in the 'DCIM' folder and you can drag them from there.

daphnerowell

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

I did try hooking a usb cable to my pc and turned on the phone, however it has a screen lock and my friend doesn't remember how to unlock. Is there another way to unlock?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I did try hooking a usb cable to my pc and turned on the phone, however it has a screen lock and my friend doesn't remember how to unlock. Is there another way to unlock?
Welcome to Android Central.

This has been a constant bugbear on this forum. People getting locked out because of a screen lock.
There is a way if your friend finds he/she can still get wifi showing or put in another compatible sim possibly.
Ordinarily you can override the screen lock with Google's Android Device Manager if it was left enabled on the Samsung (usually is).
This entails logging in to www.google.com/android/devicemanager with the Google account associated with the phone, wait for it to be located, select Lock, where you can lock the phone again remotely and you will be prompted for a new pin. After a short wait you can use this new pin to unlock if the instruction has reached the device.

Just to check, it doesn't have an sd card which may contain the photos?

ADDED: If you continue entering different pins all that will happen is you will have to wait 30 seconds before trying 5 or 10 more, so if you can guess you can keep trying. It can be more than 4 digits, and try 0000 and 1234!

Last edited:

daphnerowell

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

She actually has two identical phones, both are missing the sd card, I checked after reading your post. One of the phones is locked, the other is not and I can access those pictures. As for the locked phone I will try logging into the device manager as that seems to be my only recourse at this point, unless she can remember the swipe pattern.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

She actually has two identical phones, both are missing the sd card, I checked after reading your post. One of the phones is locked, the other is not and I can access those pictures. As for the locked phone I will try logging into the device manager as that seems to be my only recourse at this point, unless she can remember the swipe pattern.
If it's a pattern lock, on some Samsung's after a certain amount of attempts it invites you to enter what is essentially the Gmail address and password instead of a back up pin.

b63cc606650db31a52bc7e06feb1ac95.jpg
5c461acbe569e300ac4af75cea37b0d0.jpg

From my SM-N9005 Note 3 on Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87