How do I move my images to SD Card?

LorckySeven

Dec 24, 2018
Visit site
I lost all of my videos because I'm trying to free up space and move stuff to the SD card. I moved them and then deleted them from the my files part because I figured they were in the SD card but then I went to the SD card and all my videos were gone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime.

Says 4 gbs there in the screenshot in my files.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-24-02-48-29.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-24-02-48-29.png
    69 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt. (Be aware that SD Insight might not work on all Nougat or above devices.)
If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Images includes all images on the phone and all the images on the SD card, so you moved them to the card, then deleted them from the card. Never use Images, Videos, Audio, Documents or Download history when moving* or deleting a file, use Device Storage or SD card instead.

*And never move files either. Copy then where they are, go to where you want them "moved to", paste them, then go back to where they came from and delete them. If there's enough space in RAM, the phone may copy all the files to RAM, delete them from where they are, then paste them to the destination. (That's all a move is, a copy, paste and delete in one function.) If it copies them all, deletes them all ... then the phone restarts (say a battery glitch), you've just lost your pictures.

If you have a C of any kind available (Windows, Linux or MacOS), you can use PhotoRec to recover everything on the card (instructions at PhotoRec Step By Step). Read the instructions carefully, you'll be in a Linux prompt so unless you're familiar with Linux or MacOs, it's going to look strange. And it's going to take a long time (but the computer's time, not yours). The files you get back will br generically names - File0001.jpg, file0002.jpg, etc. The file type will be correct, but since PhotoRec doesn't use the filesystem to find the files, it can't find the names (which are kept in the filesystem - specifically in the directory). So you'll have a lot of looking and renaming to do.