How do I move pictures from gallery to SD card on my Samsung Galaxy S3?

maite mohlomi

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: how do I move my pictures from my gallery to my desktop?

I need to move pictures from the gallery on my samsung SIII to my desktop. Please help.

Also, I would like to move pictures from my Samsung digital camera to ny desktop

Thanks

loreben

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I already done all your suggestion on how to move my pictures and vedios from my internal memory to sd card, and still not working.My android phone is samsung galaxy grand i9082.

Tran Luu

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Help! How do I RECOVER my photos from my camera (not saved on card)? Phone was damaged (water) and will barely keep charge. I've tried connecting to laptop to transfer but phone doesn't even appear as connected for me to open/view media/camera files :(

Frogbone

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Can someone answer this question I have?

I moved all my pictures from Phone to ext SD card, Now, I am organizing them into folders. Every time I create a folder (in Gallery) and move pictures to that folder it creates the folder in the phone memory. Then I have to move that folder back to sd card.

Is there a setting where I can tell the gallery to create folders on teh sd card instead of internal phone memory ?

Irene Pilling

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Used this method on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and it worked like a charm! There were a few things different but was easy to figure out thanks to your step by step instructions!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can you please these same simple instructions but for the Razr HD??? PLEASE?????
Hi Lisa, welcome to the forums! The process is the same for the Razr HD. You'll need a file manager app (search the Play Store for ES File Explorer or Astro) to view your photos and move the pictures.

With the app opened, navigate to the internal sd card with the photos (it should be a folder labeled "DCIM"). Long press that folder and you'll have several options, one will be "move to". Select that then navigate to the external sd card and drop the album wherever you want. Depending on the number of pictures the transfer may take a minute or two (or three :)), so be patient.

If you need further help let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I get to the "move this folder" option. But I don't see how to "navigate to the external sd card and drop the album wherever you want."
This is not an option - how do I "navigate" to the external sd card. It is not a choice anywhere.

So then I chose "select items" instead of move. I select all the pics in the folder and click on the the arrow pic (that is the icon to move). The text "locate a destination" flashes but I don't know how to locate the sd card.

Very frustrating!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I get to the "move this folder" option. But I don't see how to "navigate to the external sd card and drop the album wherever you want."
This is not an option - how do I "navigate" to the external sd card. It is not a choice anywhere.

So then I chose "select items" instead of move. I select all the pics in the folder and click on the the arrow pic (that is the icon to move). The text "locate a destination" flashes but I don't know how to locate the sd card.

Very frustrating!!
What app did you install? I'll grab that app and get a few screen shots to illustrate what you need to do.

TARDIS66

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
You've just helped me out. I assumed that sdcard referred *to* the SD car. But no, it refers to the phone's internal memory! Talk about misleading. I downloaded a YouTube downloading app and told it to save the videos to my sdcard but was surprised to find them in the internal memory. Now I know why and I have corrected to download videos to the SD card for real. Thank you!