How do you like the screen?

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Because this is a pentile display, I'm concerned that the screen won't be as sharp as standard lcds despite the higher resolution. If anyone has had an iphone 4, how would you compare the two screens?

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i don't have the iphone 4 but my wife has the new ipod touch, and it has the same screen as the 4. The screen is fabulous! I'd say it's better than the Super Amoled, only because I don't like overly saturated tones. I like the retina display on the ipod touch, but honestly, this screen is bigger and that's a big deal.

urbannaja

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The first thing my wife said was "looks just like my iphone 4 screen".

Looks very good from all angles. I'm quite happy with it. And it's fasssst. :D

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Atrix next to the Inspire

Just got the Atrix and put it next to my HTC Inspire.

The colors on the Atrix are not as vibrant as the Inspire but it seems the same as my Wife's Droid X.

The font size is a bit bigger in the Twitter app below.

5465966426_89d3f530d4_b.jpg

5465966100_e04c5dfd60_b.jpg

Reactions: Jonneh

Scottish

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I can tell that the color saturation is not quite as high as my previous Captivate's Super AMOLED display (which I liked on the Captivate), but the resolution on the Atrix is outstanding. Text is so, so crisp.

Last edited:

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
the at&t store near my office had an atrix on display (attached to laptop dock but i removed it). I played with it a bit and also played with an Inspire. I may be in the minority but I actually preferred the SLCD of the Inspire to the Atrix. Everything looked much more vibrant as stated above. Motorola's UI looks totally bland compared to HTC Sense. I love the raw power of the Atrix but I'm not sure which way I'm gonna go. I'm leaning toward giving up on the Thunderbolt and switching for the Atrix but now that I have tried out the Inspire I might just wait it out for the Tbolt as impressed as I was with the Inspire display. Still gonna spend a little more time with the Atrix display tomorrow before I make my decision.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Honestly the screen isn't as good as the iphone 4 when all the way zoomed out. Can't even read the text iphone 4 there is no issue

unity04

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Do you notice that the yellow colors appear to be more of a darker, less vibrant yellow than the phone on the right? (regarding the two images posted, look at the top bar notification yellow color for the atrix)

unity04

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please confirm whether or not all images that contain the color yellow on the phone look washed out how the notification bar yellow color looks in the images? The screen does look nice, but that washed out yellow/orange color bothers me...

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The Captivate screen is the best Screen I have ever seen. But this screen on the Atrix comes in 2nd. Its really sharp and the colors are really vibrant. Its nice!

angryphoton

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Tried to look at the Atrix today in 2 stores, no luck. For now the Captivate is still my #1 screen for the Android. Compared it 3 times side by side with the HTC Inspire while browsing the same picture websites, the Captivate is just really in a different class IMO. Especially when you start viewing at an angle, wherein the limitations of an LCD screen start showing. Any shortfal of the Captivate is that is a bit oversaturated and leans towards blue/green spectrum.

To those who are in the computer graphics industry, its almost like the difference between a TN LCD monitor and an IPS monitor. I hope the Atrix is really that good, as I am looking into maybe swapping my phone as it is still within the 30-day period.

Alerio

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
On my atrix the colors look washed out. The reds look like orange and dont really pop. So far not a big fan of it. The screen on the inspire 4G looks better in my opinion.

Lason

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Better than my Nexus One's AMOLED but not as good as my wifes iPhone 4 retina display. Not far from the iPhone but not quite as crisp.