How does the official OTA JellyBean run? (put your reviews here)

Fenn

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I got the OTA last week and so far I love it. Everything runs smoothly and at this point I've had no problems with jelly bean. I will say I miss the punctuations running across the top of the keyboard.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Olegnya

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have their Google maps app running in the background a lot? Can't seem to figure out why. It's not allowing my phone to sleep. See my screen shots below. I thought I had turned off latitude. Any thoughts would be awesome. Thanks. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/15/etabu2a3.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/15/2edegyvu.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
Not sure, but I think that is because of Google Now. I was having problems with battery life and I turned that off...and since then I haven't noticed anything.

Has anyone else had a problem with charging (original wall charger). It doesn't work. I have to plug it up to my laptop...and then it's super slow to charge. I did notice something however, with it plugged into the wall it wouldn't show it was charging, but if I went into settings and clicked on battery it would show it was charging(but it would never charge up).

I did also notice Google Play wasn't working at first...I restarted it twice then BAM it worked lol. Other than that no other serious issues.

BTW I'm rockin a NS4G.

Zstephen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I use a dedicated charging cable, not the break away usb kind,I noticed it takes a lot longer to charge with the usb ones, or with the jb update almost not at all while the screen is on

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Got the OTA early today so I'm still trying to figure out all the differences...
Wondering if any one can help with a couple questions, thanks in advance...
1.how to root?
2.how to take a screen shot?

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
1 same methods as before
2.same as before lol hold down the power and volume down buttons

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I got the OTA last week and so far I love it. Everything runs smoothly and at this point I've had no problems with jelly bean. I will say I miss the punctuations running across the top of the keyboard.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

You can change that in your android keyboard settings. All you have to do is to disable auto-predictive text and you can get the punctuation running across the keyboard again

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking I might have to try and turn off Google now. My battery life is terrible after a week so far. I can't last past 8hrs with light use. Maybe I was spoiled using Bugless Beast. Might add air kernel to see if that helps. If not I might try codename android.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, after a trip for errands yesterday, it seems my battery life is about the same in Jelly Bean as it was in ICS. However, I'm actually getting a much better signal in places I didn't get a good one at before. Also, Google Now and Enhanced Voice Search work pretty snappy if the signal is good, it seems. So, no complaints so far on battery life with 3G. Still haven't tried streaming music or YouTube on 3G but we'll see.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the System Settings and NFC? My NFC stops working on its own (I use tags for Bluetooth toggling and a couple other things) and when I go into Settings and tap 'More...' under 'Wireless & Networks' menu the screen goes blank and freezes up. I end up having to reboot the phone to get it up and running again.

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The predictive text thing really hitches up the keyboard on my phone. I get a lot of input lag. Axing it brought the keyboard back to ICS speeds.

superblast

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes. If you are properly rooted. Used these settings:

Wifi tether version 3.2-beta2
Profile: google nexus s 4g
Setup method: netd-ndc (master)
Encryption On
Wifi driver reload On
Routing fix On

Is anyone able to get this to work? I tried the above and am able to connect to the hotspot but get no internet access.