How does the speed compare to the standard s6 edge?

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody have any feedback on how speed compares to the standard s6 edge? I know they are identical in almost all respects but does that extra 1gig memory make any noticeable difference?

floss776

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I got mine and it seems quite a lot faster actually. No lag or anything. It's really fast

Posted via the Android Central App

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Does anybody have any feedback on how speed compares to the standard s6 edge? I know they are identical in almost all respects but does that extra 1gig memory make any noticeable difference?

I had to return my regular s6 Edge due to several issues. One being the lag and the sporadic freezing of apps and keyboard. I received my S6 Edge+ yesterday and have really put it through a workout. So far, not one instance of lag or freezing up. I am using several PlayStore apps for messaging and email, and not one issue. My device is super smooth and quick and I am super happy with the battery life so far. I hope this might help.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I had to return my regular s6 Edge due to several issues. One being the lag and the sporadic freezing of apps and keyboard. I received my S6 Edge+ yesterday and have really put it through a workout. So far, not one instance of lag or freezing up. I am using several PlayStore apps for messaging and email, and not one issue. My device is super smooth and quick and I am super happy with the battery life so far. I hope this might help.
It does help. Makes me wonder if those same issue I am seeing in my s6 edge are just a matter of a little more memory. I wish that companies did not skimp on such trivialities. That increase in memory is a trivial increase in cost.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
No it was not faster when it came to moving amongst apps. It fell apart. I do that all day long. The cpu tests which it won hands down is nothing I do. Who transcodes video or audio files on their phone? I had hoped that extra gig of memory would have made a difference.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BKlip

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Fastest phone I've ever owned. Especially rocking Nova Launcher Prime with animations turned to "Fast as Lightning". WOW. The 4GB RAM really shows

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Cant answer for the s6e but the s6e+ is stupid fast. Ive loaded allll my content, hasnt stuttered once. Compared to my note t or htc m8 this thing is a beast.

Posted via the Android Central App

jeslevine

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Compared to the iPhone 6+, the edge+ is noticeably faster. I notice the speed difference also compared to the Note 4, where at times on the note 4 I would notice lags. Nothing like that on the edge+. In addition, the scrolling, and other operations are extremely smooth. As smooth as the IPhone 6+, if not smoother.

Samsung has really refined the technology. I am very impressed with this phone, and I suspect the Note 5 would be similar.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The edge plus is fast, no lag or stuttering. Coming from a Nexus, I am very surprised by how well it's working so far.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
No it was not faster when it came to moving amongst apps. It fell apart. I do that all day long. The cpu tests which it won hands down is nothing I do. Who transcodes video or audio files on their phone? I had hoped that extra gig of memory would have made a difference.

B-b-but the spec sheet says 4GB of RAM. That automatically means the Samsung is better!!!!!

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the regular S6, not the S6 Edge, but the comparison should be similar. Overall, things seem pretty much on par between my recently purchased S6 Edge+ and my previous S6. I do, however, notice that Chrome tabs do not reload as often on my Edge+ compared to the S6. I haven't done any testing like in the videos, but it sure seems very snappy to me. I don't notice any lag or stutter like I have on many previous Android phones I've used. I think it feels faster than my iPhone 6+ to be honest, but of course that has a lot less RAM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alakmalak