How many GN2 owners also own Apple products?

How many Apple products do you personally own right now?

• Total voters
Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I used to have a retina iPad (3rd gen) but sold it as well as my old Galaxy Nexus to end up with only the Note 2.

Glad I did. I was basically using the iPad 3 as a video player for my commute and it's heinous that you still have to transcode files to play them. I ended up using AVPlayer HD but subtitles wouldn't work with it 100% (for example, italicized subtitles wouldn't show up).

Note 2 works perfectly with my most exotic video files (including formatted/italicized subtitles) out of the box with the stock Video Player. Unbeatable.

Besides that, I owned a black MacBook, MacBook Air 2013 and every iPhone from the 3G to the 4S. Sold them all. Never going back to an Apple product now that Jobs is gone.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have an 8gb iPod touch. its easier for me to use in the car than streaming Google Play Music. It fits in the cupholder, the Note 2 doesnt haha

Athenazoe78

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Here: iPad2, which I still like for watching films and other media consumption ;) but start to use less since I had the S3 and now the Note 2.

Just sold my iPhone 4S. Guess it was my last iPhone ;)

iPod nano which I use for sports outside, find it very useful for this purpose and like it.

iPod touch 4th gen for the daughters (each one).

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
The only Apple product I use is QuickTime on my PC and that's only because some websites still look for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Nope... I don't drink that Kool-Aid anymore.

Use to be an iPhone user but just switched to Android because it's become better over time.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't drink that Kool-Aid, and this is someone who used the first 512K Mac and assorted successors until Windows 3.1. I have an iPod 30GB Classic 5th generation from 2006, but I stopped using it with the advent of 32GB SD cards. I also technically own an iPad 3, but I really bought it for my wife, and I rarely use it.

In a nutshell, while Apple products are nice and well-designed, they are wildly overpriced and force one to live in a garden with extremely high walls. If I were a one-trick pony who needed a Mac for a specific purpose, then maybe, but I'm not, and I vastly prefer the flexibility offered by PCs and Android.

Even my most recent (sole) ownership of an Apple product has had unfortunate and long lasting consequences -- when I first got the iPod I made the stupid mistake of ripping my CD collection without thinking about it -- and without changing the default from m4a to mp3 (assuming that option did exist on iTunes in 2006). Every now and then, that still causes problems outside of iTunes (which I still use, but with eyes wide open).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't drink that Kool-Aid, and this is someone who used the first 512K Mac and assorted successors until Windows 3.1. I have an iPod 30GB Classic 5th generation from 2006, but I stopped using it with the advent of 32GB SD cards. I also technically own an iPad 3, but I really bought it for my wife, and I rarely use it.

In a nutshell, while Apple products are nice and well-designed, they are wildly overpriced and force one to live in a garden with extremely high walls. If I were a one-trick pony who needed a Mac for a specific purpose, then maybe, but I'm not, and I vastly prefer the flexibility offered by PCs and Android.

Even my most recent (sole) ownership of an Apple product has had unfortunate and long lasting consequences -- when I first got the iPod I made the stupid mistake of ripping my CD collection without thinking about it -- and without changing the default from m4a to mp3 (assuming that option did exist on iTunes in 2006). Every now and then, that still causes problems outside of iTunes (which I still use, but with eyes wide open).

Agreed, I was in the market for a laptop years ago and the Mac was nearly triple the price of a higher spec Windows laptop. Its not worth it no matter what some people say for me to settle for less for thousands more.

And yes, we are talking a higher end laptop here.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a MacBook Pro that I have jettisoned in favor of a Sony Vaio - I generally get about 2 years out of a laptop, and got about 2 years out of the Mac. My efforts to migrate to OSX failed miserably given the fact that the Mac versions of Windows business and technical software generally suck.

Also have gone through 3 iPod Shuffles, which is still the best tiny mp3 player available IMO. But most of the time, to listen to podcasts, I now use the GN2 with a Bluetooth stereo headset - just a lot more convenient.

I'm not an Apple hater, and they make some nice stuff, but overall their products don't meet my needs very well. And it tends to cost a lot more than it should.

Ess_78201

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have an ipad 2 but it's really just for my son. He digs Netflix and the educational apps and games.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Not a note 2 owner (yet) but i like a lot of apple products, they are great.

They make the best PC's (not even up for debate as a long time windows user and computer builder), the Apple TV in its stock state sucks, but once you jailbreak it and put XBMC on it is awesome, the ipod touch is great to get the apps and games made for ios without signing a contract and getting an inferior phone that's already behind the day is released, and with tablets, the Nexus tablets are much better tablets BUT apps suck on tablets so the ipod offers a better experience because you have a much larger and better app selection. Airport extreme is A GREAT router. Had one for a few months and no dropped connections so far....

The phone is the only thing apple that just sucks. I tried it, traded it off for a better phone

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
My previous phone was a 4S. That went to my daughter, and each kid has an iPod Touch. My computer dual boots Windows 8 & OSX Mountain Lion (Hackintosh).

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Not a Note 2 owner till Sams gets more stock this week. :)

Currently I'm using an iPhone 5 16gb and my wife uses an iPhone 5 as well. We have an iPhone 4 and 4s as spares. I have an iPad 4 that my wife bought me for Christmas. I love it. I had the original moto droid and droid x until gingerbread ruined it. Switched to iPhone 4 and loved iOS for a while but it's grown stale while android keeps getting better and better. I'm ready to get back to android and can't wait to get a note 2 this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the iPad 4 and the iPod touch 5:) but I am still android all the way!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred