How many V20 users have over the ear "high impedence"??

anon(20073)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I can get them from B&h for 219 on Amazon which is the holiday sale price. I got a promo code from B&H to match the price but I have to order by midnight. The current price is 299. I am still undecided especially after I saw this video of model without NC. Apparently depending on the shape and size of your they could have a Hotspot on top of your head.. This guy has to bend them and the NC version has the same issue.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rd8bleLsSfU

I should have my set of these phones by Monday.

thunder18

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
The ATH-MSR7NC are only high impedance with Noise Cancelling active so they might not activate high impedance with NC off.

Audio-Technica ATH-ANC9 trigger high impedance mode everytime for me as do my Sol Republic Tracks HD. One interesting note about the Audio-Technicas is that they sound as good with the quad dac on and noise canceling off as they do with noise canceling on and the dac off.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC9 trigger high impedance mode everytime for me as do my Sol Republic Tracks HD. One interesting note about the Audio-Technicas is that they sound as good with the quad dac on and noise canceling off as they do with noise canceling on and the dac off.
Do you mean they trigger high impedance with NC On or are you saying it trigger with NC Off? It should not trigger with it off since it's only about 30 ohms passive. I actually that with audio technica since the spec only listed one impedance. You can trigger high impedance with NC active and then turn NC off and the V20 remains in high impedance mode. It's really stupid that LG set it up so that the gain varies according to impedance. They are probably concerned that consumers with blow out the low impedance headphones. I do agree that they sound good on all modes but they still sound the best with NC active and DAC on.

anon(20073)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean they trigger high impedance with NC On or are you saying it trigger with NC Off? It should not trigger with it off since it's only about 30 ohms passive. I actually that with audio technica since the spec only listed one impedance. You can trigger high impedance with NC active and then turn NC off and the V20 remains in high impedance mode. It's really stupid that LG set it up so that the gain varies according to impedance. They are probably concerned that consumers with blow out the low impedance headphones. I do agree that they sound good on all modes but they still sound the best with NC active and DAC on.

My Bose QuietComfort 3 activate HIFI every time i plug them in.

thunder18

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

Sorry for the late reply. They trigger high impedance with the NC off. I don't have to resort to the cable pulling trick or anything like that.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. They trigger high impedance with the NC off. I don't have to resort to the cable pulling trick or anything like that.

Interesting but they shouldn't be triggering at 30 ohms unless something is causing external resistance in the circuit. As long as it works I guess it doesn't matter much.

DBrown225

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I use the Sony 7506 Professional over the ear cans. They always trigger the high impedance mode on the V20 being 64 ohm and sound good from the V20. I feel that the AKG 701, 702, 712, the Senn HD 650, 600, 800, etc., are better served with an amp that push some volume.
Besides, they're cheap!!

crabbyman

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
I use the Sony 7506 Professional over the ear cans. They always trigger the high impedance mode on the V20 being 64 ohm and sound good from the V20. I feel that the AKG 701, 702, 712, the Senn HD 650, 600, 800, etc., are better served with an amp that push some volume.
Besides, they're cheap!!

Yeah..so Iooked at the Sony's...9.8' cord?!? WTH? lol

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I used my cheap Sony headphones today and they blew me away both on Netflix & Radio app. I don't know if turning on the DAC was the secret because I didn't try without DAC but sound was amazing and these are not high impedance headphones.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I used my cheap Sony headphones today and they blew me away both on Netflix & Radio app. I don't know if turning on the DAC was the secret because I didn't try without DAC but sound was amazing and these are not high impedance headphones.

The DAC cranks even with cheap headphones

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I really appreciate this thread so much. I feel like I've learned a considerable amount about headphones, ohms(which was a term I was unfamiliar with), and the best way to properly take advantage of what the V20 offers. This phone is an absolute beast.

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Besides, they're cheap!!

I'm using the Senn HD 650's and the V20 has more than enough power to push the drivers. It's WAY WAY too loud to have it on max volume.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The thread is about over the ear headphones. Most noise cancelling headphones regardless of ear type have better sonics with the noise cancelation off however there are exceptions. With the noise cancelation off they are generally the same as their non noise cancelation counterparts.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
1ffd235fa52ffc3793b2360a7e1cf31b.jpg
The Philips Fedelio X2 sound ridiculous on the LGv20..eargasm! Im a Radiohead fan and wow...the sounds this thing reproduce are awesome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz