How stable is this phone?

myrcgarage

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Anybody here has GPS not fixing issue? People in another thread kept saying GPS fix issue. I use navigation a lot and it is one of the determining factors.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Anybody here has GPS not fixing issue? People in another thread kept saying GPS fix issue. I use navigation a lot and it is one of the determining factors.

Last week, Google had some bad A-GPS data that got sent out, so anyone using "Google Location Services" couldn't get a GPS lock. I get GPS locks just fine now, and have never had GPS problems other than this one.

Reactions: myrcgarage

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait to get this phone.
I have a question, though.
Should I root?
I don't see a reason too, since, the only reason I rooted my Optimus V was to upgrade and get it to stop freezing...
But the Galaxy Nexus will receive all of the latest updates directly from Google plus its processors and stability seem to be incredible...
What would be the point of rooting?
Is there one?
Thanks in advance.

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Third week on Nexus so far this phone works much better than skyrocket. I only took out my battery once but it wasnt because the phone froze its just felt too hot turns out Nexus runs hot sometimes and its common behavior. Other than that JB is awesome very clean and simple interface.

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
it just felt too hot turns out Nexus runs hot sometimes and its common behavior

I do not have this issue, warmish maybe. All phones I have had get hot if apps start flogging the data (3G) connection. You may want to have a closer look at what the phone is doing when you have that issue, look for large battery drain for starters.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My phone never even gets warm. I even do heavy 3D gaming like MC3, GTAIII, Mass Effect Infiltrator, etc.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Wow. It's great to hear all of these wonderful things about this phone.
Is it honestly worth rooting? What custom ROM could possibly beat Stock Android 4.1x?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana