How to change Notification Ringtones...

Walter E Kurtz

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Specifically to be able to change them so I can set different rings to different actions, like when I receive a text compared to receiving an email. Can anyone help?

skld

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way for each email account to have its own notification tone? Is there a way for an individual contact to have their own distance tone for their emails/texts, separate from their ringer? This is one thing I miss from my bb

cybersar

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't see any way to set different tones for each mail account with the default email app. I think k9 mail allows that though.

You can set a different ringtone for contacts by opening the contact then hitting settings and modify.

skld

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
But the contact's ringtone only applies to the phone calls. I am looking for the ability to have a different ringtone for calls and texts/emails for individual contacts.

I will look at k9

truckerj93455

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
if u want dif tones for like gmail and txt click on ur gmail hit menu then more then settings click on ur email scroll down to labels to notify then click on inbox and there u go..for ur txt is kinda the same menu mg sitting go to to bottom and there u go... not if u dont like the tones the phone give u go to the market and get zedge its good zedge tones can be set for dif con too..... to set and tone for u someon in the phone book go the that person hit menu then options and there u go hope this help

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.zedge.android&feature=search_result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky