How to change pixel 7 pro home screen search bar color?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

On my new pixel 7 pro, bottom google search bar is black, how can I change it to white color? or even better remove it since I don't really use it?

thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Open your Google app, tap your profile pic at the upper right, then Settings>Search Widget>Customize Widget. You can change the color there.

Unfortunately, you can't get rid of the widget if you use the Pixel Launcher. You'd have to use a 3rd party launcher like Nova.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

A

Android Central Question

How to change pixel 7 pro home screen search bar color? Follow up

On my new pixel 7 pro, bottom google search bar is black, how can I change it to white color?

Got the answer "Open your Google app, tap your profile pic at the upper right, then Settings>Search Widget>Customize Widget. You can change the color there."

But it doesn't work (have seen this), the new pixel 7 pro (android 13?) does not have the "widget" or "customize widget" option when click the profile then go settings

thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I merged your post with your existing thread. You really should register so you can continue the discussion more easily.

I have a 7 Pro and it's there, see the screenshot below.

Just to make sure, you're opening the Google app? Or tapping your profile pic on your Google Discover feed to the left of your primary home screen?
912819221186392f40791b0a38c7af99.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy