HOW TO: Clock Workrecovery Mod ( CWM )

thesnowsnake

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello Im a little voice in the bush...saying I screwed up my brand new LG P505r and now it works great if you want a smart phone that has a little message saying emergency mode!! . That it and I have no idea where to go from here.

Mr. Joban seems like a very nice fellow and may have a bag of tricks yes/no?

I kinda like the idea of messing with this stuff since my satelite dish is no longer much fun..

I have widows 7 and vista and Ubuntu if that helps...LOL I must look like a NOOB..eh?

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick FYI, in order to boot my phoenix into recover mode, I had to flash cwm for optimus one (old bb). It doesn't seem to work at all for the optimus one option. Also, I have updated to stock gingerbread.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick FYI, in order to boot my phoenix into recover mode, I had to flash cwm for optimus one (old bb). It doesn't seem to work at all for the optimus one option. Also, I have updated to stock gingerbread.

Just to clarify you can not get ROM Manager to install CWM for the NBB correctly, you have to use the OBB version of CWM even if you upgraded to the NBB
correct?

Last edited:

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
OK I just bit the bullet and tried it. You can install the OBB version of CWM even if you are on the NBB. I will update the original post to reflect this.

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to add what I know, and maybe you'll decide to update the OP.

In ROM Manager, choosing "Reboot into Recovery" works as described, and does not brick the phone (at least, not on my Phoenix, caveat emptor). Trying to make a backup will definitely soft-brick!

Second, that upon booting into CWM Recovery, the error message that appears at the bottom of the screen
E:Bad boot message
"recovery "
is normal & expected behavior.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali