[how to]cm7 + cm9 + cm10

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
CM7

USB mass storage doesn't work. Use airdroid or something similar.

1.) Download cm7 ROM. I recommend the 7.2.0 stable version. http://get.cm/get/2Kz

2.)Download 'he who shall not be named's old kernel here.
Joban-2.08-Kernel.zip

3.)Download Arjen's 6/19 P505 ICS Kernel.
lgp505icskernel-19062012.zip

4.)Wipe everything of course. (data,cache,dalvik,system)

5.)Install rom

6.)Flash the first kernel I posted made by 'he who shall not be named'.

7.)Flash Arjens 6/19 p505 kernel.

8.)Reboot, enjoy cm7.

old baseband fix here for thrive users and 505 users that didn't do OTA update.OldBBFix_signed.zip

ICS

Everything works (including HD youtube, and USB mass storage, and WIFI tethering), except maybe radio. For working radio, try this CYBERICS rom Hardlight.github.com by HardLight

1.) Download ICS rom here. 9.2.1 plus

2.) Download djnoxd's beta4 kernel here : [KERNEL][3.0.8 / 3.0.68][Beta] LG Optimus One Family (by androidarmv6) - xda-developers

3.) Flash rom, then flash kernel, then reboot.

4.) Might have to flash OBBFIX if you have no network signal. OldBBFix_signed.zip

JB

1.) Download latest cm10 build by rashed here android [Jenkins]

2.) Download ROM trimming tool by shinobisoft (bill.weckle) [ TOOL ][ WINDOWS ][ BETA ] OOne ROM Editor - xda-developers

At the very least, have the program install english only latinIME (under build options), otherwise there will not be enough storage for google apps and I promise you the phone will not work correctly.

3.) Flash Gapps for JB after flashing the trimmed rom. gapps-jb-4.2.1-light-20130107-signed.zip

Note that Google Now does not work properly for our device. Its an ARMV7 feature only, and will likely never work for our old ARMV6 phones.

Last edited:

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Complete device reboot is not required. Rebooting is required but it's much easier to reboot the recovery. ;)

CWM Home->Advanced>Reboot Recovery

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Complete device reboot is not required. Rebooting is required but it's much easier to reboot the recovery. ;)

CWM Home->Advanced>Reboot Recovery

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

Yep, or you can skip rebooting and flash all 3 in correct order at once.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Android Central Forums

yarcz

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

I just had to say thanks! been using my thrive for almost a year with this stupid blackscreen bug, perfect fix!!

You should have a link in your post to a obb fix.. took me a while to find it.. anyways, for everyone else in need OldBBFix_signed.zip

Reactions: albra

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Hey all, just wondering if someone could comment on battery life using CM7. I'm really interested in a comparison between battery life using CM9 nightly's with Arjen's kernel and this working CM7.

I have been running CM9 with Arjen's kernel now for almost 3 months. It seems to work great although I realize there are some camera/video issue and the bug with watching youtube videos. Right now I can keep GPS on all day and wifi on while I'm at home without having to charge more than at night while sleeping. That being said, my phone usage is pretty light (Checking email throughout the day, sending a dozen or so text messages, and maybe 2 or 3 phone calls less than 15 minutes).

All that being said, how is battery life with working cm7?

Deathglobe

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Hey all, just wondering if someone could comment on battery life using CM7. I'm really interested in a comparison between battery life using CM9 nightly's with Arjen's kernel and this working CM7.

I have been running CM9 with Arjen's kernel now for almost 3 months. It seems to work great although I realize there are some camera/video issue and the bug with watching youtube videos. Right now I can keep GPS on all day and wifi on while I'm at home without having to charge more than at night while sleeping. That being said, my phone usage is pretty light (Checking email throughout the day, sending a dozen or so text messages, and maybe 2 or 3 phone calls less than 15 minutes).

All that being said, how is battery life with working cm7?

Well at this moment i have 14hrs on the battery and its 93%. But I keep in mind I turn data off unless someone sends me a pic. I dont use wifi that much at all my gps stays off and my brightness is lowest

araizaster

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

Hmm are you trying to use something else other then AT&T network? I have used that stock multiply times and everything has always worked

i think is a problem with the gsm networks available in that rom... i have found the v11h .dz that lg released like 2 months ago, and i'm cooking for me a rom and see if that works maybe the FOTA release was only for ATT&T and not for other networks o:

yarcz

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

crap, i take back perfect..... my screen doesnt rotate. accelerometer does not work at all..

does it work for you with nightly cm7??

bluntman_420

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

CM7 working perfect here! Not one issue, finally!

CM9 also has problems with tethering. Native tethering works but the phone reboots when shut off. I am tethering to the phoenix with my skyrocket on cm9 and native tethering is a must.
On ICS, adhoc isn't supported so native tethering is real important to me and now it works great.

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone tested out the GPS in apps like Google Maps or Navigation or Tracks? I've had my p505 is several different states in all kinds of weather conditions and it seems like the GPS function in CM9 really sucks. It almost never finds my location. If it does, it seems to take several minutes to do so.

Does GPS work well in CM7?

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone tested out the GPS in apps like Google Maps or Navigation or Tracks? I've had my p505 is several different states in all kinds of weather conditions and it seems like the GPS function in CM9 really sucks. It almost never finds my location. If it does, it seems to take several minutes to do so.

Does GPS work well in CM7?

Takes me somtimes 2-3 minutes to get gps lock. I also use the app fasterfix.

I'm glad you are all enjoying as much as I am.

JayNWK

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site

its been a while since i rooted a phone, i have a LG phoenix and was trying to install this mod but i lost my root it was gingerbreak, do i still need to root b4 installing the mod? and what should i use to root?

Last edited:

AdictoDigital

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

its been a while since i rooted a phone, i have a LG phoenix and was trying to install this mod but i lost my root it was gingerbreak, do i still need to root b4 installing the mod? and what should i use to root?

AFAK, you don't need root to flash a ROM!!!