How to completely format/hard reset epic 4g touch?

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I am away from my home and dont have the device manuals with me. I found two ways to hard reset epic 4g touch on internet. One is following these steps:

Home > Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset > Read Factory Data Reset Information > Checkmark all available list including Format USB storage > Read Disclaimer > Tab Reset Phone > Tap Erase Everything > Confirm > Done

Second is enter *2767*3855# in phone keypad.

I am having problems with battery life and just to eliminate the probability that some erroneous app is doing it, I want to completely format clean my E4GT and start afresh. If I remember correctly, original Epic 4G needed to press power button while re-inserting the battery. Can someone here please post the correct way. Thanks.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't know the answer, but you could probably find out via google. The manual is probably online.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why you would need to pull the battery to do a factory reset, but this is my first Samsung phone so I don't know the answer to that.
Whichever method you use, the phone should reboot when you're done and then walk you through the steps to set it up just like when it was new. I would think both methods do the same thing but I could be wrong about that, too.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why you would need to pull the battery to do a factory reset, but this is my first Samsung phone so I don't know the answer to that.
Whichever method you use, the phone should reboot when you're done and then walk you through the steps to set it up just like when it was new. I would think both methods do the same thing but I could be wrong about that, too.

Battery pull may be necessary in cases where the phone GUI is unresponsive and you cant browse through the settings. Anyway, I tried the method #2 first, I entered the code, and nothing happened. So I am going to go with the #1 now.

Update:
Followed option #1, and still while it erased the contacts and installed apps, the on board storage did not get wipe cleaned. So there has not be some other way to hard reset it.

Last edited:

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I also did option 1 earlier today and did a factory reset via the Privacy setting, ALSO to figure out my short battery life issues. So far my battery life has been quite better than before, so I think I probably did just install a bad app or something.

epi4gtouch help

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Battery pull may be necessary in cases where the phone GUI is unresponsive and you cant browse through the settings. Anyway, I tried the method #2 first, I entered the code, and nothing happened. So I am going to go with the #1 now.

Update:
Followed option #1, and still while it erased the contacts and installed apps, the on board storage did not get wipe cleaned. So there has not be some other way to hard reset it.

epi4gtouch help

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
That is incorrect. If you hold the vol. Up and lock buttons while the phone is off it will bring up a menu. Use the vol. Keys to navigate to wipe user data and factory sometging... you can wipe these two things and it will hard reset your device. It will not delete anything off your sd card but for reassurance I advise you take it out b4 you do tgis... hope this was helpful to someone.

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Rule of thumb is to remove SD card before doing a factory reset. Removing the battery after the reset is good as already suggested. I also read that clearing the cache would also help. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts