How To Downgrade My Phone?

MahmoudHashem1

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
Hello All,
I've owned Samsung GALAXY Star Plus GT-S7262, after I bought a new phone, I was given my old phone to my father. The phone is just used for calls and SMS, the phone is already slow and lagging and touch also lagging. I want to minimize the functionality of the phone to become more fast and not lag anymore, like uninstall the system applications like Galaxy Apps, not used system tools, things like that. How to do it?
Thanks in advance

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. "uninstall the system applications like Galaxy Apps" You have to root to do that, and some of them are required for the phone to run, so you can't just uni9nstall all of them.

2. "not used system tools" Same thing. You may not use them, but an app that you use might use a process in that "not used system app", so if you remove the system app, your app stops working.

The phone is almost 5 years old and has only 512MB of RAM - that's what's most likely slowing it down, the lack of RAM. (Even 2GB is considered pretty tight these days.) If you're running the original Phone and Messages apps, you might get away with it, but if they've updated, the apps you're running are too large for the phone to run.

About the only thing you can do is not downgrade the phone (it's too downgraded in hardware already) but upgrade it to a more modern phone.

Or you could try this ROM, it's stock except for being made a little smaller and having a more modern launcher.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
You could first do a factory reset, then select Easy TouchWiz as you set it up with the minimal apps you need, and force stop everything else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly