[How-To] Manual Rooting of LS670ZVH/ZVJ (+ links to root ZVD/ZV9)

JImTeeter

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH

Hi I am anxious to give this a try I did accept the OTA ZVH upgrade but I am stuck at the point of substituting the ZVD Cab. Can someone supply me with the link to that cab file?

Thanks

"If you accepted the OTA ZVH update prior to reading this thread, then you will need to revert to VD first using this thread. Substitute the VD cab file in the reference section for the V9 cab file in the main instructions. Then follow the ZVD root instructions referenced above."

donmuang2009

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm in the same boat... except my phone came from sprint with ZVH, tried reverting now the phone doesn't get past the Sprint logo on bootup...

Any suggestions?

Hi I am anxious to give this a try I did accept the OTA ZVH upgrade but I am stuck at the point of substituting the ZVD Cab. Can someone supply me with the link to that cab file?

Thanks

"If you accepted the OTA ZVH update prior to reading this thread, then you will need to revert to VD first using this thread. Substitute the VD cab file in the reference section for the V9 cab file in the main instructions. Then follow the ZVD root instructions referenced above."

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

The revert post in my signature has all that info. The ZVD cab file is in the reference section along with the other substitutions.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Hopefully the reflash gets the phone out of the funk.

Do you know if you ever put the ZV9 recovery on the phone? Hopefully you did so if the reflash doesn't work, you can still root it and do some repair work.

donmuang2009

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

reflashed with VD through KP500 starting from recovery menu, came back to find the phone saying there was nothing in CACHE and installation aborted... the LG updater said completed... rebooted phone, still stuck at Sprint logo

I never put ZV9 recovery on the phone... is this phone screwed?

Hopefully the reflash gets the phone out of the funk.

Do you know if you ever put the ZV9 recovery on the phone? Hopefully you did so if the reflash doesn't work, you can still root it and do some repair work.

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I think it could be fixed clearing out misc and persist partitions, but would need to be root to do that or have custom recovery installed to do it for you. I can't think off the top of my head a way for you to do that with your current situation.

With how the ZVH update went, you could probably bring the phone in and say ZVH and they'll assume the update messed up your phone.

Not saying it is impossible to fix your phone as I believe the fix is likely relatively simple, but the root part will be difficult with your current setup.

EDIT: ok, I thought of one thing you could try. Flash the V9 cab using KP500. If you can boot into Recovery with a blank screen, then there might be hope. If not, then I don't have anything else for you to try right now.

donmuang2009

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I think I could take it into a store and say it was due to the ZVH update... but that would be the easy way out (though this is the second night I've screwed with this)

Edit: Ok, I got ZV9 on... no LCD (blank screen, backlight is on so it looks black), only boots to recovery menu (I can tell via adb devices, and anytime I press the menu key it reboots)

So what now Sfhub?

I think it could be fixed clearing out misc and persist partitions, but would need to be root to do that or have custom recovery installed to do it for you. I can't think off the top of my head a way for you to do that with your current situation.

With how the ZVH update went, you could probably bring the phone in and say ZVH and they'll assume the update messed up your phone.

Not saying it is impossible to fix your phone as I believe the fix is likely relatively simple, but the root part will be difficult with your current setup.

EDIT: ok, I thought of one thing you could try. Flash the V9 cab using KP500. If you can boot into Recovery with a blank screen, then there might be hope. If not, then I don't have anything else for you to try right now.

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Ok, download the zvhroot.zip package in the first post of this thread. Look for the update.zip and 000root in the zvhroot\copy2sd folder in that zip.

The contents within that copy2sd folder should go into your /sdcard. Use an sdcard reader to copy them there.
Remember you are not copying the contents of the zvhrec.zip to your sdcard, you are copying the contents of the copy2sd folder to the sdcard. When you are done, you should have /sdcard/update.zip and /sdcard/000root.

The follow step #6 from "Once booted into recovery"

After install-root.sh also type

/system/bin/sh install-xionia.sh

Then reboot into recovery. Goto Advanced and select Fix Recovery Bootloop.

Last edited:

jeddy

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

K, I really need help... I have followed the entire process to restore ZVD, root, update to ZVH and root again twice. When I get to the part where I root ZVH the phone reboots to recovery and fails during installing update. I have downloaded it twice to make sure. The error says:

assert failed: file getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "sprint/LGE/thunderc/thunderc:2.2/FRF91/eng.lge.20101013.224418:user/release-keys"

assert failed: file getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "sprint/LGE/thunderc/thunderc:2.2.1/FRG83/eng.lge.20101022.011245:user/release-keys"

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Can anyone help me get past this point, I have searched and searched and spent hours trying to get this to work....

Thanks so much!

Jeff

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

I agree this thread should be stickied, but also simplified. I guess what I have learned after a lot of reading is that once I have done the Sprint update to 2.3.3, to root I have to go back to the older version 2.2, before I can install a new ROM, or root the 2.3.3. Correct?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

K, I really need help... I have followed the entire process to restore ZVD, root, update to ZVH and root again twice. When I get to the part where I root ZVH the phone reboots to recovery and fails during installing update. I have downloaded it twice to make sure. The error says:

assert failed: file getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "sprint/LGE/thunderc/thunderc:2.2/FRF91/eng.lge.20101013.224418:user/release-keys"

assert failed: file getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "sprint/LGE/thunderc/thunderc:2.2.1/FRG83/eng.lge.20101022.011245:user/release-keys"

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Can anyone help me get past this point, I have searched and searched and spent hours trying to get this to work....

Thanks so much!

Jeff
Read the instructions more carefully, you'll see that is an expected error and the picture of what to expect (below) was provided in the instructions.
14868d1316114800-how-rooting-ls670zvh-recovery6.jpg

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

7) OPTIONAL - flash Xionia CWMA custom recovery

This will allow you to root much easier in the future, apply custom ROMs, and make/restore nandroid backups [original thread]

Open an adb shell session to your phone (do not type the $ and # symbols
$ su
# cd /sdcard/000root
# /system/bin/sh install-xionia.sh
# exit
$ exit
Does zvhroot.zip have the files (images) install Xionia recovery,
Or do you have to go to the Original thread for Xionia recovery for install.

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Strange, my answer showed up before your question. First time precognition.

That happened to me yesterday. When I posted something someone posted right after me. Then when I went back the posts were flip floped like yours and his. I also noted that the database was having issues last night. I couldn't get on for the longest. I'll let Cory know.

Edit: PM sent to Cory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais