How to monitor kids' phone activity.

Lus256

Jan 26, 2024
Visit site
Hello everyone, how can track my children's smart phone activity? I want to listen to their calls, and monitor their social media activity secretly. The phones the children use are Tecno Pop2 Plus

Reactions: emily.garrison

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, how can track my children's smart phone activity? I want to listen to their calls, and monitor their social media activity secretly. The phones the children use are Tecno Pop2 Plus
Ours are in college and beyond, thankfully. But it's definitely an interesting question!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Introductions forum to the Ask A Question forum, since it isn't really an intro.

How old are the children? If they're under 13, your best bet is to use Google's Family Link. There are other 3rd party solutions out there as well, like Net Nanny, but I'm not sure how well those work.

As for eavesdropping on their phone conversations, I don't think you'll find any legitimate options for that. Even for parents or guardians, I don't think it's considered acceptable to spy on conversations like that (and besides, an app for that could all too easily be used to spy on other adults, which would be outright illegal).

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Lus256

Jan 26, 2024
Visit site
The secretly part as a little concerning
I understand your concern. For a little context, these children are underage. 14 and 12 respectively. We bought them phones to gacilitate online learning during thee COVID19 lockdown. The rules were laid out clearly, and one of them was that ŵ monitor their activity. But now they are becoming secretive about their phone activity. I discovered that they clear all their logs before handing the phones in for night custody.

That's why I am interested in knowing what they do with their phones.

Lus256

Jan 26, 2024
Visit site
Ours are in college and beyond, thankfully. But it's definitely an interesting question!

Thanks for these reads. I will surely go through a and pick a leaf.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I realize we're starting to stray into a non-tech discussion about parenting here, but as a parent, I think it'd be reasonable for you to lay down the law, since you're the one who's paying for the phone and the service. Tell them that either they abide by your rules or lose phone privileges. Even better, threaten them with replacing their smartphone with a dumb flip phone that has very minimal online access. 😄

Windroid 2483

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
I suspect that you're asking the wrong question. I suspect that as you try to crack down and monitor thier computer usage (including smartphones) more closely, you'll push them farther away from you and your guidance. That said: I don't know you, your kids, and your specific situation.