How to move folder with images from Moto Z3 phone to SD?

Lzr000

Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I am trying to move images from internal phone storage (which is almost full) to installed micro SD card. I go Setting>Storage>Internal Shared Storage>Photos and videos>Images. It brings the list of folders. When I click a folder (like Camera) it shows all pics arranged by date. Clicking three dots open Select menu. Here is the challenge: it allows my to manually select all images by a particular day, which I can then move to SD. To move all pics I need to manually click on each day one a time, which is a big task since images were accumulated over several years. My question is, is there a way of selecting All images at once [or alternatively select entire folder] to move to SD?
[Android 9]

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would check your gallery app to see if it offers a similar function that will then allow you to select everything.

As a side note, don't move the files. Do a copy and paste to the SD card. If you use the move function and something glitches, you are likely to permanently lose the photos. By copying them, the originals stay put until you manually delete them. That way you insure no data loss if the transfer fails.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What app are you using to move the files? Try using another file manager app, like Files by Google or Total Commander.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress