how to opereate the radio tuner in note 3

hammill

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I use iPlayer Radio to listen to BBC radio here in the UK. It is streamed live with only minimal delay from actual off air transmissions.

I don't think you have grasped it yet.

You don't need to use your headphone cable as an antenna. The Note 3 does not contain an FM receiver. Any radio stations you listen to on the phone through any of the apps are being streamed to your phone as data either via Wi-Fi or over your cellular network.

Most Apps that play radio will not play anything local to you. If you are in Bahrain and want to listen to the local stations breakfast show you might be out of luck.

Many stations have their own apps or allow you to stream through their web page so you might be lucky there.

Bbc is great, I wish i could use it.
Actually I’m in Israel and after installing TUNEIN RADIO I get all the local stations I need , and more.
Sound quality is good , also the variety of stations and music styles.
I just thought I could use a none internet radio but looks it isn’t available for me so I’ll have to live with it:)
Thanks all for your help.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
how can i find if i have the sprint version ?
i made a search in my device and it didn't find nextradio.

edit.
is says that nextradio isn't available for my device.
I'll try to install tunein.
Next radio is only on Sprint devices, Sprint is a carrier like Verizon, AT&T, etc....
edit 2
installed tuneih. it works fine, don't have to use headphones as antenna. the reception is good .
it says that my android is week and suggest me to install some cleaner.
should i do it ?
Tunein is an internet app only. Does not "tune in" local radio stations therefore it doesn't need an antenna. And NO. Do not install a cleaner app.
Edit 3
i realized now tat we're talking about internet radio, means that it only can play if the device is connected.
is there any app. that gives you a regular tuner , receiving from air ?
NO. Unless your phone has an FM receiver, no app will work and act like like a radio. The Sprint version does. So I guess your stuck using internet streaming....sorry.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Bbc is great, I wish i could use it.
Actually I’m in Israel and after installing TUNEIN RADIO I get all the local stations I need , and more.
Sound quality is good , also the variety of stations and music styles.
I just thought I could use a none internet radio but looks it isn’t available for me so I’ll have to live with it:)
Thanks all for your help.

Glad you found something that works for you :)

hammill

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

GATOR352
looks like you right in everything.
btw, some members in android forum in my country are very angry on samsung that they didn't put the tuner fm chip in their latest devices ( they did put it in the S-3 and the note-2), unlike almost all of the other brands ( as far as i know they do have it in iPhone , Sony, lg, htc ) and some of them say they will conciser this issue before buying their next smartphone .