How to remove ES Swipe menu from my phone

Incryptid

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
Hey, I used to use ES file manager until they released ES Swipe. I found it very annoying and battery draining so I uninstalled the app. However uninstalling it didn't remove the menu for some reason and I think it's embedded it somewhere in my files now. Can someone help me remove it? I don't really want to reset my phone. Thanks in advance.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
re:

Yeah, that's the swipe menu included in different apps like ES or Photo Editor, as PJRed2008 said. Other possible culprits could be My Camera, some free games and a keyboard I don't remember the name right now.

You could try a couple of things to find out which app is the culprit. First restart your phone, open that menu, close it and see what shows up on the recent apps overview. If no go, go to settings - memory and check out what's listed in there. Also, you can use the 'running processes' option included in the Developer Options.

Incryptid

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
re:

I've used the running processes option however I can't see anything out of the ordinary that I know off. I have noticed in my internal storage a folder called duapps that holds the images for the adds in the swiper. is there any way to trace this back to the process? When I delete it and open the swiper it re-downloads the images to the folder.

Incryptid

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
re:

I just used root browser to find a folder called .estrongs , I have no clue what it's for but it has the es file explorer logo and deleting it has no effect, however I suspect it will re-appear in a while.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
re:

Maybe some app by DU? Any battery saver, cleaner or booster app? IIRC ES included a battery charging option created by DU.

Another thought. Some apps can leave some files behind even after you uninstall them. Try this. Install ES again, open it and then go to settings - apps - select ES - force stop - clear data and only then uninstall. This should be enough to remove any possible leftovers.

Incryptid

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
re:

I tried what you said before but I tried it again and noticed when I reinstalled es file explorer it had the es swipe option disable but it was still working, there were no processes of it running and I tried to stop the app if it ran and cleared the cache and then uninstalled. However it still hasn't disappeared

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
re:

Hmmm. What about this? Go to settings - apps - cog icon top right - draw over other apps - select 'apps with permission' and see what's included in that list. The steps could be a bit different depending on your phone. Which device do you have?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
re:

Not sure what else to suggest. Have you already tried booting into safe mode to be sure that this is caused by a third party app that you downloaded?

If nothing works I'm afraid you'll need to go through the tedious job of uninstalling apps one by one until that menu disappears. The usual culprits, cleaners, battery/memory boosters, free games ...

Just remembered a couple of similar reports about an app called Best Me Selfie.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish