[How-To] Root LG Optimus S

Status
Not open for further replies.

s33ker

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If when you get to this step "busybox --install /system/bin" you start having problems then do this.

1) Download superuser (free) from chainsDD in the market
2) Download titanium backup (free) in the market
3) Launch titanium. You should get a request to give it root permissions select always allow. Now in titanium, hit the "problems" button and let it install busybox
4) Reboot phone

Buddie of mine was just having issues with his optimus T and i had him try this and now he's rocking and rolling.

Another successful root! I did have to follow the instructions above to get busybox installed. Thank you so much for your dedication, KSmithInNY. BTW, got any recommended to-do's with CacheMate?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Another successful root! I did have to follow the instructions above to get busybox installed. Thank you so much for your dedication, KSmithInNY. BTW, got any recommended to-do's with CacheMate?

I would think it depends on how much you use your phone. If you use it a lot have it auto clear more frequently. If you don't do it less. I have mine set to daily, but I just did it so I can't really comment on the differences between frequencies.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

I clear everything but I'm a bit obsessive about my space on my phone. Shooooot, when we can download the full version (still not sure why it's only not showing for optimus users) i clean HUNDREDS of caches .... most for stuff I've never installed and never will lmao!!!!!! :D

s33ker

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I clear everything but I'm a bit obsessive about my space on my phone. Shooooot, when we can download the full version (still not sure why it's only not showing for optimus users) i clean HUNDREDS of caches .... most for stuff I've never installed and never will lmao!!!!!! :D

The $8.00 paid version of Cachemate is showing up in the market for me.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Now Optimus S users need Swype from the Optimus T...

Doing any of the following will result, without question, in your post/thread being edited, deleted or locked by a moderator. In addition, moderators may issue infractions, warnings and/or ban your account.

Illegal activities - Do not post, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROM's, or any other copied intellectual property of others (e.g., Swype) in the Android Central forums. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning are also forbidden in the forums. AC has a zero tolerance policy on such posts.

Click the forum guidelines link in my signature for more info.

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
The phone is plugged up. When I enter the first line to start to start the adb

"adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage"

I get adb server is out of date...killing...*daemon started successfully failed to copy 'rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin': Read-only file system

Equ1n0x

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello, im fairly new here, and completely new to the optimus s [my hero died last week, a noble death.]

First I plugged in the phone with debugging enabled, i did not mount the SD card.

when i got to step 4, I tried it step y step as described on first page, repeatedly i encountered getting "$" after running "./rageagainstthecage".
First time:
ran command, waited until phone reconnected debugging, restarted the SDK manager as instructed, tried adb shell and got "$"
Second time: exactly same as first.
Third time: Tried restarting my phone a while after running "./rageagainstthecage" as suggested by another poster, same outcome.
Fourth time: Launches sdk via command line, closed that cmd, opened a new command line, changed directory to tools, tried step 4, "$" again after "./rageagainstthecage"
Fifth time: tried instructions on second page. received "adb: Permission denied"

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.