How to share calendar without GMS

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Dears,

How to share calendar without using google mobile services (GMS)?

The case is that we used to have GMS on both devices (Huawei P30 and P40), but now one of the device has no GMS, but Huawei mobile services. How can we share our calendars? Is there any other cloud service same as Google or so?

Install GMS on the P40 is no way, since there has to be done downgrade of firmware etc. which means factory reset, this path I do not want to follow yet.

I do have and issue with Microsoft, as I am not able to add Outlook accounts to both phones, one is the company one with some restrictions from IT dept.

Is there any other free service which can be used? I have been answered by the Huawei, that they do not have such option yet.

Thank you
Paul

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I went to Google Calendar on the net and made an icon on my home page to open the calendar. Now, I can make reminders or appointments on my chromebook or my Google Home Mini and it shows up on my phone. One problem is the size of the font. I have to enlarge it to do anything besides read it. For me, that's life with Huawei. I also have icons linking to websites for Contacts, Keep, and Maps.