How to stop that 'complete action using' thingy ;-;

theRUSSIANpenguin

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Its irritating.. Every time I have to load a new page it asks me which browser do I want to use to open it... ;( I mean I'm using chrome so maybe just maybe I want to open it with chrome and I don't want to make chrome my default browser :/

oh and one more thing sent from my pipi using taptalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You need to set a default if you have multiple browsers installed. There is no way to remove that unless you choose. Luckily you can easily remove that default by going into settings - applications - Chrome (or the browsers you are using) and select clear defaults.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I mean I'm using chrome so maybe just maybe I want to open it with chrome and I don't want to make chrome my default browser
If you don't make your default browser, how can the phone know that you want to open a link in Chrome? Just because the link you're opening is showing in Chrome? What if you only want to open news links in Dolphin? And cartoon links in UC?

We don't have self-aware intelligent computers yet, and setting up a computer for every conceivable situation would mean that everyone gets a computer issued at the age of 2, but doesn't have it fully set up until he's 35. Your choices are "choose every time" or "pick a default". Even in a large desktop running Red Hat, you don't get the choice of a link opening in the browser you prefer that kind of link to open in.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Computer never asks me what browser I want to use.... >_>
Run Android on your computer and it will. Comparing Android and Windows is like compring apples and Mars. (Windows comes with a default browser. When you install another one, you're asked if you want to make that the default browser. Same operation, different wording in different windows appearing at different times - but there's always a default app for certain filetypes in Windows.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12