How to turn on moto g without power button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I would like to know whether there is any way to power up moto g without the power button . The button stopped working yesterday and now my phone froze. Please let me know if there is any alternative way to power up my phone. Thanks in advance :)

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
There is an app that can wake a phone with a tap on the screen. Think it was called "tap to wake" or something similar. Or just plug in the charger 😃

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, have you tried holding down the power button for 10 seconds? If you haven't tried that, it could just be that the phone locked up and needs to be reset; holding the power button down is how you reset the phone. If that doesn't work, then likely you'll need to call Motorola and likely need to get the phone replaced.

And as Snapphane stated, you can plug it in and the screen should wake. You also might try connecting it to your computer; while you likely can't get into the Android System areas (unless you are rooted), it should let you save any personal files and photos you have on the phone (so long as the phone is working, just the power button not working).

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
just the power button is not working and the phone went out of charge. Will pluging it into charge turn up the phone? Ive noticed that sometimes its does power up after the charge is above 5% and sometimes it doesnt. I was wondering what i will do if it doesnt power up.

Muni Kumar

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
plug in the charger and long press the volume down key, both should be done simultaneously at the same time.
Then you will get a screen where u will get options like normal reboot, reset etc.

if u want to scroll on options u can use volume down key.

you can select options by using volume up button.

there u need to select the first option.

try this,
u will get the result,
:)

frostmate

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Hey Muni Kumar, i own a zenfone 5 and unfortunately my power button is broken and its not working what so ever and my phone switched off as it ran out of charge. Your tip for the moto g almost worked in my case until in the boot screen there was a message/error displaying "No Command". Please throw some light on this issue in general, and kindly try to provide some/any other method to turn on the phone.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey Muni Kumar, i own a zenfone 5 and unfortunately my power button is broken and its not working what so ever and my phone switched off as it ran out of charge. Your tip for the moto g almost worked in my case until in the boot screen there was a message/error displaying "No Command". Please throw some light on this issue in general, and kindly try to provide some/any other method to turn on the phone.

Try following from step 4 below:

Lollipop Steps
1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the
Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
You will see the word "Start" with an arrow around it.
2. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "Recovery mode"
3. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command."
4. While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
5. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition " and press the Power button to select it.
6. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Ashley Hou

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hey Muni kumar, please save me..
I have just fixed this moto g 2nd gen and was using it for a week when I came across this option about Installing system update and I was not going to for it, I was going to choose remind me later option but some how when I click "done" it went straight to the android image for System update Installation in progress. So I tried cancelling but wont work so I just powered off the phone, but when rebooting, it just went straight to system update so I just let it continued. When the system update completed it powered off and that's it, it wouldn't powered on. I tried pressing the power + vol down & power + vol up to enter recovery mode or factory reset mode but it wont boot up. Also tried pressing power button for 3 minutes and vol down for 3 or 4 minutes still nothing, but after press and power button for 2 to 3 minutes and when connecting the charger from a power point the led light came on and stayed for about 15 to 20 sec and went off again.
Please help me.

desirevdbeld

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
Hey Muni kumar, please save me..
I have just fixed this moto g 2nd gen and was using it for a week when I came across this option about Installing system update and I was not going to for it, I was going to choose remind me later option but some how when I click "done" it went straight to the android image for System update Installation in progress. So I tried cancelling but wont work so I just powered off the phone, but when rebooting, it just went straight to system update so I just let it continued. When the system update completed it powered off and that's it, it wouldn't powered on. I tried pressing the power + vol down & power + vol up to enter recovery mode or factory reset mode but it wont boot up. Also tried pressing power button for 3 minutes and vol down for 3 or 4 minutes still nothing, but after press and power button for 2 to 3 minutes and when connecting the charger from a power point the led light came on and stayed for about 15 to 20 sec and went off again.
Please help me.

Were you able to fix this? Totally experienced the same thing after system update. Phone shut down and I'm not able to boot it again, tried everything. Battery is also fully charged..

Hitesh Poojara

Jun 28, 2017
Visit site
Thanks a lot Muni Kumar.

For Moto G4 Plus, I am able to get the boot menu using volume down and plug in the charger. I am able to scroll using volume down but not able to select option using volume up. Selection is only allowed through power button which is broken.

Any other option or any help is greatly appreciated. Is there any option to boot phone using "adb" after phone is switched off?

Thanks,
Hitesh

akkiroot14

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
Thanks a lot Muni Kumar.

For Moto G4 Plus, I am able to get the boot menu using volume down and plug in the charger. I am able to scroll using volume down but not able to select option using volume up. Selection is only allowed through power button which is broken.

Any other option or any help is greatly appreciated. Is there any option to boot phone using "adb" after phone is switched off?

Thanks,
Hitesh

did you got any solution? Please tell i am stucked same.

petrovitsch

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
plug in the charger and long press the volume down key, both should be done simultaneously at the same time.
Then you will get a screen where u will get options like normal reboot, reset etc.

if u want to scroll on options u can use volume down key.

you can select options by using volume up button.

there u need to select the first option.

try this,
u will get the result,
:)

My phone is a motorola g3. And my Powerbutton has been broken. I tried to select by using Volume Up key as you described. But it doesn't work. In the option the optionarrow shows to the powerbutton, sigh. Can you tell another solution?
hopefully
Andreas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards