How to unlock phone and see the default home screen immediately

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a few home screens on my S4. If I am at any of the home screen and then the phone is locked, when I swipe to unlock the phone, the phone will show me the same home screen that it was displaying before the phone was locked. I need to press the home button to go to the default home screen.

How can I unlock phone and see the default home screen every time? I mean if the screen was at any of the home screens when the phone gets locked, once I unlock I want it to display the default home screen.

(Note: the default home screen I am talking about is the screen that you see if you press the home button)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's the standard way it works. Does it matter if you press the Home button to wake the phone, then unlock? Or does it still go to the last homescreen?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
That's the standard way it works. Does it matter if you press the Home button to wake the phone, then unlock? Or does it still go to the last homescreen?
Pressing home button then unlock will still go to the last screen displayed before the phone was locked.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As B. Diddy said, that's how most launchers work. There may be one that goes to a chosen homescreen when it unlocks, but I've never seen one that does. It's an idea for people like Tesla and Go to incorporate into future versions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers