[How to][VZW GNote2] Root/Rom via Odin w/video

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Maybe a noob question. I did this and got the rom to install. I just noticed that there is currently version 12 out. How do I obtain that file in a way that will work with Odin vs having to unlock my boot loader?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

You can't. Its possible to do but at the developers request it is not done. So if you want later versions you need to unlock and load roms up via cuatom recovery

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to get am update if the original post is still the current information tk root your Note 2?

Posted via Android Central App

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I just want to be able to remove bloatware, and maybe use Titanium Backup to freeze other apps. I don't want to install or run custom ROMS.

So, I believe that I just need to ROOT, I do not need to unlock the bootloader, is that correct?

Assuming that's a yes, I'm concerned about the warning regarding using the ChainFires Exynos Abuse APK. Will using that app to root truly open my phone up to exploits? Is there another ROOTing process that is less dangerous?

Thanks!

sguss38

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Finally found out what a bricked phone looked like.
I was cleaning up a Note 2 factory. Did the Vol up, Menu Power thing and wiped the cache and did a factory reset. Then after making sure my drivers were up to date and MY ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM WAS DISABLED (most posts forget to mention that step) I started Odin, connected my phone, plugged phone to computer and loaded stock rom to PDA and ran it. It ran to PASS at which point it rebooted. It closed down right after the reboot and I can no longer reboot, because it doesn't see the battery. No matter if I charge either of the two batteries in the phone (The battery graphic always shows zero) or externally (the batteries charge light went from red to green), The battery graphic always shows zero and the phone will not boot into any of the three modes. By the way plugging it into a charger makes no difference, no power.
Anyone have a fix for this or do I have a doorstop?