How well do you think the screen is going to hold up?

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
How well do you think the folding screen is going to hold up on the new RAZR? With the Samsung folding phones, they last about 8 months until there are cracks on the screen or the screen protector starts to bubble from what I've seen. I'm just curious.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but the Cracks you refer to is nothing but the screen protector messing up, it is not the screen cracking. I have had foldable for the past 3 years now and never had a screen crack. Infact I currently do not have a screen protector on my ZFold4 and haven't had one on it for the past 8 months. There is zero issues

Now the screen protector bubbling up, yes I'd agree with that. But I'm thinking since the crease is so much less on this that this phone will be fine. I think the reason the screen protector on the Samsung phones bubble is because of that trench of a cease

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Is the RAZR screen Ultra Thin Glass like Samsung, or a plastic composite screen like the older RAZR's? I would think if anything, the RAZR screen might last longer because of less stiffness and more flexibility combined with the teardrop hinge design ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

The older ones had some issues, but I think it was more to do with the hinges failing and poking holes in the screens, rather than the screens themselves failing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d