How will Sense on Android L Look and feel?

Thb91

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
With skinned OSes like Sense 6 the OEMs often get to choose what they think should be included on the phone, what does everyone think will be carried over from android L?

I know that most of the new design language set out by Google at this year's IO will be can be adopted by using specific Google apps, (calender, keep, music etc.) But do you think we'll see any of these design adopted by HTC themselves across their own apps? Will we get the heads up? Lockscreen notifications? Etc.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
For me i'm very concerned about the new design, ART and lockscreen notifcation, pretty sure there will be a big update coming to us after a year probably

Posted via Android Central App

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It seems as though there has been an effort by Google to reign in manufacturers somewhat and I'd expect this to continue. I just recently got the M8, my first HTC in a long time, and I was surprised how hidden vanilla Android is. I have a feeling that the next version of Sense will be at least a little closer to stock.

aramos87

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Well it seems like the oems might have known about Android L ahead of time, or Android adopted some of the design from them, the system apps on HTC Sense and whatever LG's skin is, have the same clear status bar, with the colors of the apps showing through them.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I just hope its not too similar to Vanilla. Its what makes me go with HTC phones along with build quality. I have vanilla on my nexus 7 and its kinda boring compared honestly. Vanilla isnt something I crave, just isnt my thing.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
For the love of baby Jesus, I want to have normal lock screen notifications. I love my HTC One M8, but the inability to have Google Hangouts notifications on the lock screen is very frustrating.