Loveeee

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I wanna be able to set different message alerts for certain contacts, some galaxy note 2 can do it but I cant do it for mines. How can I set a message tone for certain contacts:confused:

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Go to contacts, click on the contact you want to add a custom ringtone to, scroll down to Ringtone. It will say "Default" with an arrow pointing to the right. Click on it and select your new ringtone from the list of available ringtones.

Welcome to the forum!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Go to contacts, click on the contact you want to add a custom ringtone to, scroll down to Ringtone. It will say "Default" with an arrow pointing to the right. Click on it and select your new ringtone from the list of available ringtones.

Welcome to the forum!

That's for ringtones only, not messages correct?

To my knowledge, for message alerts per contact, you need a 3rd party sms app, like handcent, go sms, chomp, etc.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
That's for ringtones only, not messages correct?

To my knowledge, for message alerts per contact, you need a 3rd party sms app, like handcent, go sms, chomp, etc.

Yep, this is the only way that I know of.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Go SMS allows you to set ringtones per contact. I'm on CleanROM3.5 and my contacts app allows individual ringtone, message alert and vibration pattern. Thanks Scott!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Go SMS allows you to set ringtones per contact. I'm on CleanROM3.5 and my contacts app allows individual ringtone, message alert and vibration pattern. Thanks Scott!

I didn't notice that, thanks.
I wish it could also do separate backgrounds and signatures.

justdriftin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Try Handcent. I know it allows different notification sounds and I think it allows different backgrounds. There are a bunch of settings, look for the tab at the bottom of the screen you are on to expand the options for that person.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Try Handcent. I know it allows different notification sounds and I think it allows different backgrounds. There are a bunch of settings, look for the tab at the bottom of the screen you are on to expand the options for that person.

If that was directed to me, I already use handcent and go sms. I was just wishing there was no need for a 3rd party app.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality3020