Maria Esponoza

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
So, Im brand new here, and I hope Im doing this right. I saw that this is the introductions area, so I assumed it was OK to make a new thread here! :) Anyhow, Im Maria. I am working on trying to get through school in graphic design, and recently got my first android phone. I have rooted it, but I understand there are many more things to be done. Look forward to speaking with everyone in the future!

Maria

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So, Im brand new here, and I hope Im doing this right. I saw that this is the introductions area, so I assumed it was OK to make a new thread here! :) Anyhow, Im Maria. I am working on trying to get through school in graphic design, and recently got my first android phone. I have rooted it, but I understand there are many more things to be done. Look forward to speaking with everyone in the future!

Maria

Welcome to the forums!

What device do you have and congrats on rooting!!! Now you can look at flashing a custom recovery, and custom ROMs.

How many semesters do you have left?

Hope to see you in the forums!!

Maria Esponoza

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

What device do you have and congrats on rooting!!! Now you can look at flashing a custom recovery, and custom ROMs.

How many semesters do you have left?

Hope to see you in the forums!!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. I just rooted it, which is pretty neat. I was able to take all the extra junk off. Unfortunately, I don't really know what else to do with it! It turns out that rooting it was ridiculously easy. In re: school, I have 6! Ugh...

Maria Esponoza

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I also have a question: I am trying to use Tapatalk on my phone for this site. I found the site, but I registered using my Gmail. What do I need to use for a username on Taptalk?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I also have a question: I am trying to use Tapatalk on my phone for this site. I found the site, but I registered using my Gmail. What do I need to use for a username on Taptalk?

Not sure about tapatalk, but there is an app for both the forums and the website. Forums you use your username and password that is the same one you used to create your account.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. I just rooted it, which is pretty neat. I was able to take all the extra junk off. Unfortunately, I don't really know what else to do with it! It turns out that rooting it was ridiculously easy. In re: school, I have 6! Ugh...

Well...cool about the S4. First thing I would suggest before flashing a custom ROM, is to backup your current one with a custom recovery.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Golfdriver97 is a rooting pro, so listen to what he says!

Posted via Android Central App

angad

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
U cn try a few things :
1.titanium backup
2. Titanium media sync
3. Setcpu
4. Adaway to block all adverts
5. Use a firewall
6. Increase battery by throttling cpu
7. Nandroid backup
8. Whatsapp plus root edition

And many more!

Sent from my GT-I9500

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Oh, and enjoy that last 6-semesters, you'll be finished before you know it!