How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Doing fine today. Will get 4+ sot.

7c87ab78698bf6fc7334e5a0b13d340c.jpg

7a84329d7b39aecc3dca4303248381de.jpg

62759d522b9d00a2f8ab75be9d2dc8e8.jpg

turf

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
But, noooooo. You are supposed to embrace the cloud and "pin" your selections, and hope for data or wifi access. That or carry an OTG adapter around that poorly integrates with media- "really" handy when listening to music! ;) :)

I do keep some media on my phone- audiobooks and music. I keep a couple of backups of my favorite roms. I take a good amount of pictures and video. The majority is offline GPS data - Sygic and MapsWithMe use a little, but Gaia (hiking GPS) uses a lot. I don't like to be lost when I am in the woods without cell service, or run out of battery, especially with a phone that I cannot replace it.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately for me its a bust, I take the phone off the charger at 8 or 9 am in the morning top it off at 12 before I go into work at 1pm, working till 10-30 I have no access to charging so it has to last. On wifi at work all night but by 10.30 its usually less than 8% if I try not t use it to much,
would post screen shot but its show little less than 2 hours screen on, once 3 hours thats it. Will go back to Nexus and hope the Huawei nex or g4 pro comes out with better battery life. To be honest its like a smaller nexus 6 with worse battery life to me.

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I do keep some media on my phone- audiobooks and music. I keep a couple of backups of my favorite roms. I take a good amount of pictures and video. The majority is offline GPS data - Sygic and MapsWithMe use a little, but Gaia (hiking GPS) uses a lot. I don't like to be lost when I am in the woods without cell service, or run out of battery, especially with a phone that I cannot replace it.

If you're relying on your phone for navigation in the wilderness, you're doing it wrong. That's why stand-alone GPS exists.......or, you know, a topographic map and a compass. They never run out of battery. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell I'm relying on a cell phone when getting lost could potentially cost me my life.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
If I don't use Chrome much, I get fantastic battery life. Currently at 61% with 2 hours and 22 minutes SOT. At this rate, I'll get over 6 hours before my phone dies. If the majority of my use is Chrome, I'll get a little over 3 hours.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
So a few days in, I am finding that the phone has decent (but not extraordinary) battery life - i.e. it lasts through a full day perfectly fine 95% of the time without having to go on a charger before bedtime. This is with bluetooth on and paired with my Moto 360, as well as wifi on. Idle time usage is quite good though, hardly a budge in percentage, which is a good thing!

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So a few days in, I am finding that the phone has decent (but not extraordinary) battery life - i.e. it lasts through a full day perfectly fine 95% of the time without having to go on a charger before bedtime. This is with bluetooth on and paired with my Moto 360, as well as wifi on. Idle time usage is quite good though, hardly a budge in percentage, which is a good thing!

What sot are you getting?

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately for me its a bust, I take the phone off the charger at 8 or 9 am in the morning top it off at 12 before I go into work at 1pm, working till 10-30 I have no access to charging so it has to last. On wifi at work all night but by 10.30 its usually less than 8% if I try not t use it to much,
would post screen shot but its show little less than 2 hours screen on, once 3 hours thats it. Will go back to Nexus and hope the Huawei nex or g4 pro comes out with better battery life. To be honest its like a smaller nexus 6 with worse battery life to me.

That isn't great is it! It is strange that you are getting not a great deal of sot yet others seem to be getting a fair bit more, the battery life on this phone is a bit hit and miss and I am still unsure about getting one as knowing my luck I will have poor battery life!

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I also disabled Moto and Ambient display which helped my battery a bit and stopped the phone from turning on and texting people in my pocket, which drained my battery a lot.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
There is a definite battery life improvement disabling the sensor and notification features. No harm no foul for me, since also turned it all off on Note 4.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If you're relying on your phone for navigation in the wilderness, you're doing it wrong. That's why stand-alone GPS exists.......or, you know, a topographic map and a compass. They never run out of battery. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell I'm relying on a cell phone when getting lost could potentially cost me my life.

I kicked booty in land nav in the Marines! Not really, since have poor sense of direction :(

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
How did this compare to the two Samsung phones with the same size battery? I have the note edge but I hate the battery life. This will probably be my next phone

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Yikes... That's unfortunate

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
There is a definite battery life improvement disabling the sensor and notification features. No harm no foul for me, since also turned it all off on Note 4.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Depending on your needs you may be better off, battery wise, disabling LTE. I've had mine on old fashioned 3G only all day today in a test run. Speeds seem just fine for most tasks (as in, web pages still load *very* quickly), audio streaming seems good too. For video you'd want to switch back to LTE obviously, but that takes a mere second or two, so...no worries.

Personally, I'd rather have the ambient display and some of Moto's other tricks engaged and save battery with LTE radios off. This also may have the side benefit of giving the phone an even better signal in sketchy areas as 3G was the norm for many years and had plenty of tower build out. Just My .02

P.S., Verizon user here. If you're on a GSM network, this approach is even more attractive because you can use H+/4G when you turn off LTE. They're plenty fast enough for audio and video.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure

CEE_KNOTE

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I use it most whenbim driving for uber and Lyft. Screen on time is about 4-5 hours give or take. I like that I canturbo charge it at home or in the office but I wish they had something like that for the car.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm finding battery life on my MXPE to be a very significant improvement over the 2014 X.

Posted via the Android Central App

Peter Rokkos

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow - first full day with normal usage and its really bad. Like something must be wrong bad. Off charger at 7am and now its 4pm, and I'm at 30%. Would definitely need to charge to make it to this evening. Can't keep this phone if I can't get a full day of normal usage and today wasnt that heavy a usage.

Looks like Screen On Time is only 1 hour so far. So that is really bad. That is at 30% brightness.

I think the biggest drain I saw all day has something to do with the Driving Feature enabled. This AM on commute, I had that feature turn on, which let me answer texts etc using voice commands. Seemed like a nice idea - but on a 1 hour commute, with Bluetooth streaming while it was on, burned through 30% battery. Seemed like it was constantly searching for cloud Moto signal or something?

Google Services seems to be big hog as well as Android OS. Hoping that is a first day thing or something.

So I'm hoping its just a matter of turning off some features like that one. Maybe the motion sensors as well. But stinks to get a new phone with new features and be struggling to turn stuff off to make it through a day. Had been hoping to at least be able to leave bluetooth and GPS on all day, and hopefully the active notifications from Moto. Will try that AM tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell