HOX+ 4.2 and sense5 issues.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Since getting the 4.2 update if have come across some small niggles.

1. Can't seem to set a different tone for texts and delivery reports.

2. The weather app displays wrong location (it shows the next town) when other weather apps and maps find me fine. This is annoying as the weather is in lock screen and in app draw etc and is wrong.

3. Can't differentiate between read and unread messages.

4.Home screen selection doesn't revolve anymore (just stops and you have to scroll back the otherway).

5. Home button will only go home or hold for Google now no double press to show all home screens for quick editing of home screens anymore.

6. Where have themes gone. Can't seem to change from this ugly black theme.

7. Slide up to unlock is a lot smaller and on quick operation I flick up the dialer or camera etc instead of just unlocking to home screen. (I don't have fat fingers either). *Solved by hoppy063*

Will add any more I find.

If anyone has a remedy for any of these please let me know.

Thanks for reading!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a big update like that, some of those issues sound like just booting into the stock recovery and clearing the /cache should fix some of those things.

Now, if only you could wipe the /dalvik-cache from the stock recovery...

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

Hoppy063

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
The slide to unlock doesn't just have to be the padlock you can put your finger on the clock and slide that up to get I unlocked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
How would I go about doing that please OperationA7X

Posted via Android Central App

Turn off your phone. Hold down your Volume Down and then hold down your Power Button until you see a screen with 3 skating Androids on the bottom. From there, just let the phone search for a zip it won't have (unless you've messed with stock image zips in the HBOOT before), then, using the Volume buttons, navigate to RECOVERY. Your phone will show the HTC boot up image, then show a phone with green arrows around it. Wait a few moments/minutes, the screen will then change to a phone with a red exclamation point inside a red triangle . From there, hold down Volume Up and then just press Power. A list should pop up, with an option to "Clear /cache". Use the power button to select that option, and use the Volume buttons to navigate around. After you select the earlier option, just reboot your phone and try to see if your issues still appear.

Sent from my HTC Vivid CM10 using Android Central Forums

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I followed your instructions, I get these options...

reboot system now
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache
apply update from internal storage

just to be sure its wipe cache partition I want yeh?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I followed your instructions, I get these options...

reboot system now
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache
apply update from internal storage

just to be sure its wipe cache partition I want yeh?

Yes, that is correct.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, I don't know how to fix a phone too well without modding. :p But uh, either someone will come up with a solution, or HTC will push out a bug fix eventually.

More than likely, someone will solve this a year before HTC rolls out a fix. :p But hey, as long as I can easily unlock and relock my bootloader, I'm happy with my HTC Vivid. And modding. :D

Sent from my HTC Vivid CM10 using Android Central Forums

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Update!!!

8. Network data and mms has stopped working, network has sent me new settings update OTA and still not working. (WiFi works fine).

9. Alarm tone although set to a custom tone still plays the standard tone???

Posted via Android Central App on my HOX+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlantisx