Hspa Gnex version to be sold with Jelly Bean soon

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Take my money!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Right if I purchased my first Gnex from wirefly for $99.99 when I got it so not only would i have to pay Verizon's $350 fee but I'd also owe wirefly for about the same amount because I haven't hit the 6 month mark yet. I wish I could just order the hspa version and get updates straight from Google. I'm going to grab a Nexus tab though because the price point is going to be so low for a pure google tablet and asus is making the best android slates out there imo. I just wish the Nexus tablet was going to be ten inches instead of 7.

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure i remember Google saying android will have a 6 month development cycle, so really they are past due to release jellybean. The only reason gingerbread was around so long is because honeycomb was tablet-only. really the time between gingerbread and ICS was less than a year.
Jellybean will be an update similar to gingerbread in that the updates will be almost entirely back-end.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I thought when ICS came out, it was stated that Android would be on the once per year upgrade cycle. Jellybean is not late.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I live in San Francisco and my roommate is an Android Developer whose company was recently acquired by Google and he has seen first hand an Asus Nexus Tablet running Jelly Bean. He told me that it is going to be announced at Google I/O and will be the first device to get it (available in June/July). The HSPA+ Google Nexus will be the first "phone" to get it.

He said it is an incremental upgrade and isn't a full rebuild of the OS like ICS was but is going to have some tasty improvements.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of size, we'll have it in roms before Verizon even contemplates pushing it out. That's the sad state of affairs right now.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I could careless about Verizon's update process personally. I would rather conduct any and all updates my devices receive. Main reason "I" bought this Nexus with LTE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys91