Hspa Gnex version to be sold with Jelly Bean soon

omar300i

May 4, 2012
Visit site
this might be little ridiculous thought but galaxy s3 was delayed in canada till 27th, does that mean they could be releasing WITH os 4.1?
And to make myself sound more stupid ill bring another point up, in Galaxy s3 launch party samsung offered different candies one of which was jelly bean. LOL
soooo... just stupid thought or samsung could be cooking something till 27th?

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Jello is a brand name.. so it's unlikely. Jelly Belly is the popular Jelly Bean name, I believe Jelly Bean is the generic term for the candy.

Also, I believe at a previous google event they had big candy dishes full of jelly beans.. I'm willing to bet that 4.1 is called Jelly Bean.. one dollar.

cmckeller217

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a good thing all the way around that Google is working on the next release of the OS. All of these little "mistakes" that are made with "accidentally" outing the new products are really done on purpose. That may be hard to believe but it keeps people talking about Android and Google rather than, "what the iPhone 5 MIGHT have and should you wait for the iPhone 5 or by an SGS3" As long as Google doesn't pull a Microsoft and say that none of the phones running older versions of Android will work with the new version, then I think we'll all appreciate the update.

sURFNmADNESS

May 25, 2010
Visit site
As an owner of a Verizon GNex, I doubt Big Red will have Jelly Bean rolled out to their phones till we are well into 2013. If anything, Big Red should be under a class action lawsuit for rolling out a supposed cutting edge phone that is always last to get updates.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
As an owner of a Verizon GNex, I doubt Big Red will have Jelly Bean rolled out to their phones till we are well into 2013. If anything, Big Red should be under a class action lawsuit for rolling out a supposed cutting edge phone that is always last to get updates.

LoL...seriously? You believe marketing and think the law has anything to do with it?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

This is whats wrong with America... class action this .. class action that... I say vote with your wallet and switch carriers....

I would do that as well, but being from Omaha too, there is really no other good choice other than Big Red. :-(

So I guess its on with the lawsuits for us poor Omaha people.....

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, I have to agree with Zedora, to many people think they are entitled to things, and get upset when they dont get them...

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So Verizon's Jelly Bean update Q1 2013? :p Anywho...

I think people are getting too hung up on the software version numbers. While they could be indicative of "how much" in terms of changes there are in a given release, they are for the most part arbitrarily assigned. What matters most is the build number and perhaps the code name. In Google's case, they seemingly assign a code name (i.e. ICS or Jelly Bean) whenever they have reached or are attempting to reach a milestone of sorts that they want to announce publicly.

As far as software development goes, they aren't going to stop moving forward because OEMs and carriers are slacking in the update arena. The Android team more than likely have a project schedule to follow, milestones to meet, and new ideas to implement. They're not going to stop working so everyone else can play catch up. From a project management and technology perspective, that's just an absurd notion.

I do wish they could do something to hasten updates but unfortunately, that's the state of Android we have now.

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
You guys got it all wrong! It stops after Jell...Clearly, Google is trying to say the following:

Android 4.1 Jellifying your bones with the new version of Ice Cream Sandwich!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone that thinks a new release is coming soon because info was leaked is re-tarded. When was the last time (never) that an update was put out right after it was first mentioned? We wont see a major update until December at best and any incremental update before then will be the same disappointment they always are after it's been hyped to death.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone that thinks a new release is coming soon because info was leaked is re-tarded. When was the last time (never) that an update was put out right after it was first mentioned? We wont see a major update until December at best and any incremental update before then will be the same disappointment they always are after it's been hyped to death.

Lol you've become more bitter with age, grey :p

the unreleased acer/google/nexus tablet will have jelly bean....it will be out there by next month.

Have you any reputable sources for that or just guessing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
the unreleased acer/google/nexus tablet will have jelly bean....it will be out there by next month.

So far Asus was the only one asked by Google if they wanted to make the Nexus Tab. So please supple a source bc I would like to know if there are other contenders.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
you guys are going to make me use google :\ I'll try. I think I saw it in a picture's exif data uploaded to picasa or a benchmark test with a tablet both named nexus or something.....

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
here it is: Benchmark reveals a Nexus 7 tablet running JellyBean/Android 4.1

Today, we’ve got word about an entry in Rightware’s Basemark ES 2.0 Taiji benchmark. Here’s the entry, and below, what we can make of it.

“os”: {

“android”: {

“model”: “Nexus 7″,

“hardware”: “grouper”,

“manufacturer”: “asus”,

“device”: “grouper”,

“brand”: “google”,

“display”: “XXXXXX-userdebug 4.1 JRN51B 3XXXXX dev-keys”,

“version_sdk”: “4.1″,

“board”: “grouper”,

“version_code”: “1″

}

}

couple that intel with this intel:

jellybean-650x315.jpg

1+1= nexus tablet with jelly bean

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
here it is: Benchmark reveals a Nexus 7 tablet running JellyBean/Android 4.1

Today, we?ve got word about an entry in Rightware?s Basemark ES 2.0 Taiji benchmark. Here?s the entry, and below, what we can make of it.

?os?: {

?android?: {

?model?: ?Nexus 7″,

?hardware?: ?grouper?,

?manufacturer?: ?asus?,

?device?: ?grouper?,

?brand?: ?google?,

?display?: ?XXXXXX-userdebug 4.1 JRN51B 3XXXXX dev-keys?,

?version_sdk?: ?4.1″,

?board?: ?grouper?,

?version_code?: ?1″

}

}

couple that intel with this intel:

Click to view quoted image

1+1= nexus tablet with jelly bean

Looks like it is still from Asus. Wheres the Acer/Google/Nexus info? or was it just a typo?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasrulawal026