HTC 10 Owners: First Impressions, Initial Reviews Thread

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC 10 Likes, Dislikes and other issues

I think there's a way to load the gallery app. I saw it on xda forums. I haven't tried it yet. A couple more I miss:
1. IR sensor.
2. The old keyboard. This one doesn't integrate with themes.

Posted via the Android Central App

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

I think there's a way to load the gallery app. I saw it on xda forums. I haven't tried it yet. A couple more I miss:
1. IR sensor.
2. The old keyboard. This one doesn't integrate with themes.

You have a link

plkyduk

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Got my HTC 10 from Verizon on Friday, so far very pleased with the phone. Upgraded from the M7 which I loved except wasn't happy with the camera, got to the point where we used my wife's S6 for all pictures. Love HTC transfer program, makes transitioning much easier. I'm pleasantly suprised the Verizon bloatware wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I also appreciate that HTC decreased the number of duplicate programs by going with the Google alternative. I will say though that I miss HTC gallery, the older version of Blinkfeed, and mostly the HTC music app with visualizer. Maybe I just got used to the HTC programs and was comfortable with them but just not liking the Google alternatives yet. Gallery is available on the play store but is not compatible with the HTC 10. I've tried to find the music player but don't think it's available on Play store, may have to contact HTC and ask.

As for the phone itself, it is very fast. I see no issue with the screen; I've used my wife's S6 and it's impressive but this LCD is also. I was ready for a bigger screen than the M7 and the 5.2 screensize is a nice upgrade for me. Love the memory card option and fingerprint scanner. The new boomsound seems fine but I didn't really use my M7's speakers much except for the occasional speakerphone call. My bluetooth earpiece seems louder for phone calls with the 10 than the M7 which pleases me greatly. I'm looking forward to downloading and trying some 24 bit audio with the 10. I've only taken a couple pictures so far but I can already tell I won't need to be using my wifes S6 anymore!

I've had an HTC Incredible, a Rezound, two M7's and now the 10. This is a true flagship phone. I obviously am partial to HTC products and software; this phone is finally what I think an HTC phone should be. If you're an HTC fan I don't see how you could be disappointed with a 10. If you weren't an HTC fan, you should at least take a look at it, you might become one.

TarzanX

May 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently on HTC One M8 and the unlocked HTC 10 is coming Monday. I've been hearing some people complaining about the brightness and viewing angle of the screen which concerns me. Is Super LCD 5 screen worse than Super LCD 3 hosting on HTC One M8? I have no issue viewing M8 screen from any angle with minor dimmer than viewing straight on and I use M8 as GPS for my motorcycle under Florida sun and I have no issue seeing the screen with auto brightness on with Tinted Visor on my helmet. Should I be worry HTC 10 screen not as good as M8?

I find the 10's screen WAY better than the M8's screen (I used the M8 for almost 2 years). The M8 screen was pretty terrible. Even the ancient One M7 was way better. I also find the 10's screen to be better in sunlight than the Nexust 6P, which I've had since November. Brightness of the 10 is noticeably better in bright light.

HOWEVER, the 10's screen has one significant drawback that annoys me: when wearing polarized sunglasses, the screen is almost pitch black in portrait orientation. This happens to a certain extent on the M8, but not nearly as bad. It does not happen at all on the One M7 or the Nexus 6P. This is only in portrait, it doesn't happen in landscape.

The reason I find this incredibly annoying is that I use the 10 as my workout tracker (I do a lot of cycling), and that's when I'm most likely to wear sunglasses. I have to either remove my sunglasses or turn the phone sideways to be able to see the screen.

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

You have a link

I read up on it and even though you can install it, the gallery app doesn't fully integrate with the camera app so not sure how useful it would be at this time. It might still be good for viewing photos outside of the camera app. When I get home I'll find the link. There's discussion on the mega tech thread on xda HTC 10 forum on page #4484, 4485

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

I read up on it and even though you can install it, the gallery app doesn't fully integrate with the camera app so not sure how useful it would be at this time. It might still be good for viewing photos outside of the camera app. When I get home I'll find the link. There's discussion on the mega tech thread on xda HTC 10 forum on page #4484, 4485

I want mines fully working, so I will hold off until then.

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site

My main like so far has been the camera. This has been the best camera experience I've had on a smartphone. My main dislike has been the screen when I'm wearing my polarized sunglasses. I will have to purchase an anti-glare screen protector to counteract this issue.

Please let me know which one you buy and if it works. this i my one and only gripe with the phone at this point.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I owned the M8 and M9 and just purchased the Verizon M10. I am a fan of HTC but have owned many other phones including Lumia Icon, Iphone 6 Plus, Nexus 5X, LG G4, Droid Turbo, etc. I have owned most brands except Samsung. I am just not a fan of Samsung products in general and tend to ignore all of them.

My first impressions are positive to say the least. There is not much bloatware from Verizon and it's easy to disable...The battery life is in another league than the M8 and M9 but not as good as the Iphone 6 Plus. 2 days is stretching it based on my usage. The camera is more than satisfactory to me. I do not use a phone for anything but casual day to day photos where conditions are optimal for cell phones. When the lights get dim, I use my DSLR or RX100.

The build quality is top notch and the phone is the perfect size. Not too big and not too small...The screen is awesome without being too saturated. I am not a fan of AMOLED screens but to each his own. I do not wear sunglasses either so polarization is a non issue for me.

The phone is super fast as expected from a flagship and the quick charging is for real. The speakers are a step back from the M8 and M9 but the sound quality is still great and even better with headphones.

The freestyle themes are fun to experiment with to give the phone a different look.

My complaints are minor. Blinkfeed sucks now - used to be much better...Just disable it...It's still too slippery and a case is a must (at least for me). The fact that the Verizon version when purchased from Verizon does not have uh oh protection makes no sense either. Probably a Verizon scheme to get you to buy their insurance...

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why people root these days. I rooted in the past when Moto devices had horrible skins like Motoblur.

I root for system-wide adblocker and for little things (like system wide themes which HTC doesn't have, and I'm very curious why)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick