HTC Desire 826 Bloatware keeps reinstalling itself. How do I make it stop?

A

AC Question

Yesterday I received my new HTC Desire 826 from EBay. There is so much junk on the phone that I don't want, leaving me with less than 3gb of space. After doing some research, I used Kingo root to root the phone. Then I used "titanium backup" to successfully remove the bloatware. But then my phone reinstalled all the programs. It even did a factory reset, I think, because my wallpaper went back to the original. Is there a way to disable this process? Thank you!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. That seems really strange. Titanium should be stopping all that from coming back on. I am asking around for other ideas.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
When you say that the app is reinstalled, do you mean you see it reinstall the app from the Play Store? Or do you notice that the app remains after you uninstall with TB?

Try thins.. use TB to uninstall one of those system apps, reboot, and go back in and check. I know that on Nexus devices, starting with 5.X, the system partition was marked as read-only, and even with root, a lot of apps couldn't actually write (or delete) anything from that partition. As I don't have a Desire, I don't know if HTC followed the same guideline. That might be your issue.

michaeleric76

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes the apps were removed and I know this because my available memory increased. after I was done I noticed that something was downloading and so I looked to see what it was. it was all the apps that I just deleted being downloaded from the Google Play Store. So I reopened TB and it said that my phone was no longer rooted so I had to start from scratch with Kingo Root. I rooted the phone, removed about 10 apps. And it automatically installed all of them. Is there a system app that installs system apps if they are missing? Does that make sense?

Honestly I could live with the bloatware if they left enough space for the apps I really want to use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52