HTC Droid Eris: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

jteply13

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Voicemail notification icon won't go away

I have your answer and it works. I had the same problem. you need to call you voice mail from your phone. Then hit option 4, then option 1, wait until voice tells you to hit option 1. Then hit option 1. Hang up. Now call from another phone and leave a msg. Call voice mail using voice mail icon at top of the screen. Listen to new msg and then delete msg. Then voice mail icon will now be GONE!!!!!

Reactions: Jaimie

Jaimie

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

I have your answer and it works. I had the same problem. you need to call you voice mail from your phone. Then hit option 4, then option 1, wait until voice tells you to hit option 1. Then hit option 1. Hang up. Now call from another phone and leave a msg. Call voice mail using voice mail icon at top of the screen. Listen to new msg and then delete msg. Then voice mail icon will now be GONE!!!!!

Thank you! That did work! whew! :D

Joni-Yvonne Barker

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally got it cleared off by calling from another phone, leaving a message then erasing the voicemail. Then puff, icon gone. :)

sis-92

May 24, 2012
Visit site

None of these worked for me. I don't have a HTC, but I looked in the forums for my phone and there weren't any threads about this problem. I have an LG Optimus and I have no voicemail settings, no visual voicemail, I tried turning the phone off and on, I called my voicemail and went through all the settings in there, I had a friend leave a message so I could check it, erase it...still the notification wouldn't go away.

What did end up working was going into settings, applications, click on all, scroll down to dialer and force it to close. Notification went away immediately. YAY! :D

Reactions: skdunn

Nirvana328

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

so after trying to clear the app data multiple times I realized it was only a temporary fix. The best solution is to either leave yourself a voicemail then delete it, or call your carrier and have them clear the voicemail notification from their system.

It seems to be that it's a voicemail system (ie: carrier phone system) problem more than a problem specifically with the device itself. Hope this helps. :cool:

kh65

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

I have the LG Lucid and tried all the suggestions above and nothing worked. while I was on hold with Verizon as they were tring to figure it out, I called my voicemail (which said I had no voicemails even though little blue icon said "1"), then when prompted for other options I chose "change your personal options" and turned off the voicemail notification feature, then turned it right back on (it prompts you to do both) and voila! little blue icon is gone.

sdhsah

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

If you are troubled with the visual voicemail icon at top left upon getting the ph. or if you never opened up the app....The tric is open it and it will ask you if you want it. click no and bye bye. hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Just open the visual voicemail app up initially and it will simple ask if you want to use it. click no thanks and its gone. ...T mobile rep just schooled me. GO GOOGLE VOICE!

- - - Updated - - -

Voicemail Notification Fix! - YouTube For all users on ICS watch this video! simply go into your apps hit all and go to the phone application then hit clear data and boom thats it

Just go through the initial set up of Visual Voicemail and it will give you an option to click "No Thanks" its gone. Hello Google Voice.

anon(69222)

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

I don't think there is a one size fits all solution; I believe it depends on your version of OS, your phone, your carrier and whether you use Google voice. I have tried so many suggestions from a number of people over the past year and none of them worked except yours. And even yours didn't work quite as expected; for me it is a permanent fix. I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon running Android v4.1 (aka Jelly Bean installed this morning) with Google Voice installed.

raymoore

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

Here's what just worked for me on my Tmobile Galaxy S III

1) Pull the battery
2) Wait a few minutes with the battery out (I waited 5 minutes)
3) Pull the SIM card
4) Replace battery and power up phone. Wait until phone is fully booted
5) Power down phone
6) Replace SIM card and power up

Annoying VoiceMail icon is now gone.

wrutt169

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I am unable to find the "call" section that you are refering to in the settings, can you help?

jecker

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

I am using Android version 4.0 and I was able to reset the Voicemail notification by going to:
Settings
Call
Clear voicemail notification

bamaduc

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

wow jecker, really. ive been trying to make this stupid notification go away all day. just found your post and now its gone. thanks for making me feel like a dumb@$$. honestly thank you though, this was really getting under my skin.

gymnast890

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Thank you soo much!!! After a week of that stupid, little icon in my notification bar, it closed by going to setting, then apps, then all, then I forced my phone app closed. Why does that little Icon even bother me so much? haha thanks!