HTC Droid Incredible owner

CAOxonian

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
So I'm curious about people's experience with the original Droid Incredible from HTC. I've had this phone for 9 months and I'm not overly happy with it. First of all, it turns itself on at the drop of a hat - any minor torsional stress and voila! It's on again. Which means I can't carry it with me unless it's in some kind of hard case, because even carrying it in my laptop bag results in it turning itself on at random moments. And as the battery life isn't exactly stellar even with the bigger aftermarket battery, this is a nuisance. Then there's the issue of the fact that as a phone it doesn't cover the basics. When the screen has gone into sleep mode (for example, if I haven't touched the screen for a few minutes, or if it's in my pocket) and someone calls, it's impossible to answer the call. I can summon up the Answer Call screen but... when I try to answer the call, it's totally unresponsive. All I can do is power off the phone, power it up again, and then call the person back. Not really very impressive when a smart phone isn't even smart enough to be a phone.

The screen brightness is pretty poor - in bright light it's barely readable. And because the screen is heat sensitive, when the phone is warm it becomes unusable. Again, not really very impressive if on a hot day I find I can't even place a call...

So am I unusual in expecting my phone to work outside of laboratory-perfect conditions? Or are there other people out there who think that phones should actually be able to work outside of a 10 degree Celsius range and in other than semi-gloom? And that don't turn themselves on all the time? And allow the user to answer an incoming call?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC. Sorry to hear about your problems with the Incredible. Some of the things you describe are pretty unusual. Especially the phone turning on as you describe. Might be a warranty issue. I would look at getting it replaced under warranty to be honest.

The screen and battery life are issues with all modern smartphones. Be sure to stop by the Incredible forum. There are lots of tips and tricks to get the most out of your phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts