HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

sometimes I take a picture with the camera app the phone freezes. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes this pisses me off the very few times I do use my camera... Also I hate the issue where 3/4's of the screen becomes unresponsive.. Those are my only 2 major issues!

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Nice device but build quality is pretty sad.
You pay 550.00 on device light shouldn't be seeping out at bottom of screen.
I went through 5 of them the last one being the worse , Left bottom corner of screen was coming up.

End result,
I charged 3Ds to my account billings all screwed up due to returning them Sprint stinks keeping numbers in order & Im stuck using a sanyo flip phone until GS2 becomes available.
Man I wish I didn't sell my evo :(

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I found some unlocked 3Ds on eBay for about $30 shipped...Not sure how real it is, but I may be getting one or two of them...I emailed the seller earlier today, it shows that he's sould about 65 so far and still has about 35 left...

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

sometimes I take a picture with the camera app the phone freezes. Anyone else have this problem?
Return it.
mine is turning off randomly is this happening to anyone?
Return it.
i have this problem as well, are a lot of people on this thread having issues with the camera being buggy where it freezes and the only way to work it again is to reboot the phone?
Return it.
Me too! Also the headphones jack switches from headset to headphones if you jiggle the wire.
Return it.
im getting about 5 random reboots a day
Return it.

Last edited:

raydawg13

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

If I power down or restart my EVO 3D some apps loose their icons on my home and lock screen, anyone else having that problem and is their a patch on the way? Other than that no other problems to report yet. (had phone since launch date)

huix0018

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone else have a problem with the music app crashing once and a while? When you play music and click on the music app, the app crashes.

Pandaman

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I found some unlocked 3Ds on eBay for about $30 shipped...Not sure how real it is, but I may be getting one or two of them...I emailed the seller earlier today, it shows that he's sould about 65 so far and still has about 35 left...
Really?? I have a bridge for sale... ;)

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Why don't you post the link? Let me guess you don't have it anymore? If it's too good to be true then it's too good to be true.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

diabolick

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone having problems linking contacts?. I have FB account n I can't link my contacts together.

gilgastelum21

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Anybody but me wish the external speaker volume was louder? My EVO 4G was louder by far, I can't hear anything unless I am in a perfectly quiet environment with this phone.
yeah the volume in this phone is soooooo low, I can barely hear it ring, is there any apps that can make it louder or is it just a software or hardware issue????

WRXWGN

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

I have an issue with my evo 3d. I purchased a HML and connected to a monitor via Hdmi to DVI connector. The problem is that it works great for about five minutes then the monitor starts flashing or just goes black. The phone displays stays on and screen quality does not change. Once I reboot the phone it works correctly for another five minutes and starts all over again. It is like the HDMI output goes to sleep. Any insight ???

WRXWGN

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Do you have the charger plugged into as well? What brand did you get?

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
Yes the charger is plugged in for it works for about five minutes. I purchased the MHL Accell.

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Wow, this thing is so easy to scratch. I owned every iPhone and never had a scratch on any of their screens, but I've owned my 3VO for over a month and it already has two! And I'm very careful with my phones.

So annoying! :(

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Domer,

I just went through that whole thing you did last night and it's complex and cumbersome to explain, but I thought maybe a little more detail might help some others if they get caught in this. I was on with a Sprint tech for a very long time because I didn't understand what Handcent could have to do with Visual Voicemail. When I set up the 3D, I made the mistake of telling Handcent to be the Default Messaging Application, which I had not done on the 4G. This somehow serious fouled Voicemail up completely, making all VM messages go back to the old dial-in style, accompanied by unannounced text messages to number 9016.

The solution is to not have Handcent be the default messaging application, but then every time you get a text message, you'd be notified twice: by Handcent and by the built-in messaging app. What you have to do--and what I'd forgotten--is to go into the settings of the built-in app, Messages, and turn off all send and receive notifications and Failure Notification. That effectively renders the Messages app "mute"; it's still active but you won't know it, and you can get back to using the best text messaging app out there, Handcent.

'Hope that makes things clearer.

hopefulfarm said:
This worked for me. To clarify: I turned off all notifications in the default messaging app, and turned OFF Handcent as default messaging app. I also had to reboot the phone to make the change work. It wasn't working without the reboot.

I'm bringing this up again because it happened AGAIN. With the recent upgrades to the Handcent app, somehow Handcent was turned on as the default message app, and BOOM, the old issue of getting text messages about my VMs re-appeared.

had to go in and make sure I turned OFF handcent as the default messaging app, and reboot the phone.

I hope this works like it did a while ago!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86