HTC Incredible on VZ

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
HTC Incredible on VZ, cant wait. I want to be able to walk into the store and handle a phone before buying it. Nexus looks great but no test drive, no buy.

Steven58

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
HTC Incredible on VZ, cant wait. I want to be able to walk into the store and handle a phone before buying it. Nexus looks great but no test drive, no buy.

You know? I have to agree with you! Thus far Nexus One's major flaw for me is the lack of customer support. Last month I took my xv6900 into the VZW corporate store as I had gotten it wet. It was no longer under contract, so they replaced it for me for a mere 50 bucks. Truth be told: VZW customer service rocks. I, too, want to be able to handle a phone before I purchase it. So, if it means I have to lose 250 mbs of ram? I'll do it. (Hopefully, they upgraded that figure since the leaked video).

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
For what it is worth, I wouldn't be surprised if soon we could save and load apps from the sd card. Windows 7 series is doing it. Aren't we supposed to be open and free.

Steven58

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I am in utter indecision. Droid? Incredible? Nexus one? Today N1 CDMA passed through the FCC. It is so good to finally have choices with Verizon. I'm leaning toward the Incredible, as it will have VZW support, where as the N1 will have the support of everybody (google, htc, etc.) but really have the support of no one.

808bb#AC

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am in utter indecision. Droid? Incredible? Nexus one? Today N1 CDMA passed through the FCC. It is so good to finally have choices with Verizon. I'm leaning toward the Incredible, as it will have VZW support, where as the N1 will have the support of everybody (google, htc, etc.) but really have the support of no one.

+1 - has my vote too

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
The lack of memory on the Incredible is worring me. Coming from a WinMob Omnia I know what that can do to the usefullness of a phone. Not to mention that ugly red cover.

But the lack of immediate support for the N1 would also bother me.

I really want to move to an android phone but it is hard trying to pick the right one. Someone should make a post called "So you want to move up to Android" for us newbies. :)

Robb

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I really want to move to an android phone but it is hard trying to pick the right one. Someone should make a post called "So you want to move up to Android" for us newbies. :)

Robb

I agree completely. I currently own a BlackBerry Pearl (8130). I want to stay with VZW and get a Droid device but I'm not sure if I should get a Motorola Driod, or wait for the Nexus One or Incredible.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
The lack of memory on the Incredible is worring me. Coming from a WinMob Omnia I know what that can do to the usefullness of a phone. Not to mention that ugly red cover.

But the lack of immediate support for the N1 would also bother me.

Robb

I agree completely. I currently own a BlackBerry Pearl (8130). I want to stay with VZW and get a Droid device but I'm not sure if I should get a Motorola Driod, or wait for the Nexus One or Incredible.

The best way to get these answers would be by simply going to said forum, and then making a thread asking questions.

Ontopic:
The N1 should be coming pretty soon according to what they said, as for the incredible, it actually looks pretty damn cool.
Might stick with my Droid though. I'm enjoying the ROM's too much and especially with that SenseUI coming... :D

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It looks great but I think I'm playing the waiting game. May jump fir the supersonic if that does come to Verizon

AWDmonster

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
from what I have been reading, I thought the incredible will be coming with 512 ram? http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/03...caught-in-its-verizon-colors-specs-confirmed/

I am debating between this and the N1 so if the march 23rd date is correct, I will probably wait a week or two to see what people say about the verizon version of the N1 (changes, still have the same problems or not, etc.) and compare to the incredible.

Last edited:

Amyshubby

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I think most of us are pretty much in the same boat- buy the Droid or wait for the Incredible (or Nexus).

My New Every 2 is up on April 10th. I went to Verizon today and I can get two Droids (we have the family plan) in april for $100 total after the discount. Assuming the new phones are not going to be BOGO I would probably have to shell out $300-$400 more for those. I'm trying to figure out if the new phones are worth the extra few hundred, especially with the loss of a physical keyboard (I'm coming from a BB Curve).

Last edited:

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My decision between the N1 and Incredible will be made by one key factor. Trackball. After having a bb tour for 6 months, I will NEVER consider a phone that has a trackball. Memory and processor be damned, if it has a trackball I don't want it. Period.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp